2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is a winger/wide forward who attacks space and gets on the end of moves, whereas the other is a playmaker. They've also spent their time in England at opposite ends of the table.

That aside, how exactly have you used Liverpool selling Firmino at the peak of his powers to figure out a price for Richarlison, seeing as though the former didn't actually happen?
They're stats are being compared not their valuations. The valuations are a projection based on the stats.

There's no way of getting round the fact that Richarlison is as easily good as Firmino...someone who plays his football in a better team and therefore will find it easier to get goals and assists.

Again, I say to you and others: "stop making the case for that spiv Levy to rip off our club".

They’re in the Champions League, playing under a world class manager.

We’re fighting relegation with a pretty inexperienced (and at times naive) manager.
I also think 'Why'...yes Tottenham are rebuilding, have a world-class manager, and are more likely to win a cup than us, and more likely to get into Europe every year than us...BUT
- they are not going to win the league any time soon
- they are not going to definitely be in 4th place - Man U will get better, so will Arsenal, and there's always a surprise Leicester, West Ham (used to be Everton) each year.

They are definitely currently an upgrade on us, but not the upgrade I would be looking for, if I was RIchy. Once Conte is finished at Spurs, they also have a yo-yo type approach to hiring & firing and might revamp the squad again, which is currently a mix of Pochettino and Mourinho. wish I could advise Richy to get that one season with us that gets him 20 goals and 10 assists (ish) and then he'll get a really big transfer for him and us. But he might see Spurs for 2-3 years as a stepping stone to the big elite level club.

That Alli deal was terrible.

Tbh in budget terms it probably makes sense to negotiate the Dele terms as part of the Richy deal. If we are going to owe them 10 million mid season after he hits 20 games (no idea what the other terms are) then we need to keep that 10 million aside regardless, so we might as well settle now and know exactly what the budget is.

We dont want Dele Alli and we dont want Winks. We want £80M for a player well worth £80M.

It's not that hard to negotiate if you hold the cards. We do.

There is no FFP threat of points deductions or fines, that's BS.
We have Richarlsion for two more years.
We have room to bring players in on loan and offer very decent wages to.

THAT is far more preferable to selling Richarlison for a song and getting more Spurs tat in.

I also think 'Why'...yes Tottenham are rebuilding, have a world-class manager, and are more likely to win a cup than us, and more likely to get into Europe every year than us...BUT
- they are not going to win the league any time soon
- they are not going to definitely be in 4th place - Man U will get better, so will Arsenal, and there's always a surprise Leicester, West Ham (used to be Everton) each year.

They are definitely currently an upgrade on us, but not the upgrade I would be looking for, if I was RIchy. Once Conte is finished at Spurs, they also have a yo-yo type approach to hiring & firing and might revamp the squad again, which is currently a mix of Pochettino and Mourinho. wish I could advise Richy to get that one season with us that gets him 20 goals and 10 assists (ish) and then he'll get a really big transfer for him and us. But he might see Spurs for 2-3 years as a stepping stone to the big elite level club.

His choice is between Spurs and us. It’s an easy one given how we’ve been run when he’s been here.

We should be looking to move Alli on tbh. I don't think he's what we need right now going through a rebuild.

Alli is part of that rebuild in my eyes. Lampard brought him in, or at least gave the go ahead. Lampard also had to very quickly change tact with the club once he realised just how bad a state we were in. That led to a change in the way we played, a way that maybe doesn't suit Alli. Lampard will be looking at it now though with a longer term view. Alli, Gordon, DCL, Gray is the basis of a relatively young forward line. If we manage to supplement that and add support behind them defensively, then we have the start of what could be a decent squad with a few options.

1656504822492.png

Status
Not open for further replies.