2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that hes laid into fatso as it was him who signed him. The days of my way or the highway appear to be well over. If history is to go by it'll be a miracle if he gets over his ACL fully. Sadly.

Interesting that hes laid into fatso as it was him who signed him. The days of my way or the highway appear to be well over. If history is to go by it'll be a miracle if he gets over his ACL fully. Sadly.

obviously his age might be against him but doesnt pretty much everyone recover from ACL injuries nowadays?

It’s interesting to hear because whilst he’s a true professional and very good talker in the media I wondered if he was a bit of a yes man.
We heard all the ‘everything’s great’ stuff when he was brought in and never any negativity but I like that he’s saying it how it is now. Everything was great until results turned and Benitez completely crushed team spirit.
To me, the mark of a great manager isn’t to go on a nice long winning run - look at Solksjaer at United or Silva/Martinez at times for us, it’s being able to find a plan b when things aren’t going well.
Early days, but I was impressed with how Lampard completely changed our playing style to grind out those wins against United and Chelsea especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.