Transfer Rumour Oleksander Zinchenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope he wouldnt be that stupid, personally.
I'm not coach so I don't know if it'd work or not but let's face it Mykolenkos strengths are largely defensive and wingbacks now are more or less expected to be wide midfielders providing attacking and creative options

I'm not coach so I don't know if it'd work or not but let's face it Mykolenkos strengths are largely defensive and wingbacks now are more or less expected to be wide midfielders providing attacking and creative options
Zinchenko is allegedly asking to leave City to move to a team that would play him in his preferred CM role.

And whilst Myko hasnt really stood out offensively, I think he could improve on that.

Bought for £1.8m
Valued around £20m
Contracted until 2024

Arsenal, Villa and Us looking at him.

If we wants to play in midfield, we could offer him that. I see him as a deep lying midfield like Barry who keeps the ball moving but also drive forward to support the attack.
Gareth Barry would not be my comparison

Zinchenko is allegedly asking to leave City to move to a team that would play him in his preferred CM role.

And whilst Myko hasnt really stood out offensively, I think he could improve on that.
That could be paper talk though he might just want regular football whatever the position. The only player off the top of my head that I can remember being successful in that switch from LB to CM was Patrick Lahm and tbh I may have that the wrong way around.

In my own opinion I can't see Myko improving massively in that department based on what I've seen. It's weird because we lost that side of it with Digne but gained a whole other side with Mykolenkos defensive abilities so he has a lot to offer. Honestly, and I could be wrong, I can see Lampard playing him in a back 3 as a LCB. We've been linked with a few left backs now too.

largely........`cept for that peach of a volley against Leicester ;)

That could be paper talk though he might just want regular football whatever the position. The only player off the top of my head that I can remember being successful in that switch from LB to CM was Patrick Lahm and tbh I may have that the wrong way around.

In my own opinion I can't see Myko improving massively in that department based on what I've seen. It's weird because we lost that side of it with Digne but gained a whole other side with Mykolenkos defensive abilities so he has a lot to offer. Honestly, and I could be wrong, I can see Lampard playing him in a back 3 as a LCB. We've been linked with a few left backs now too.
Zinky has played quite regularly for City, when fit.

Just a really average footballer. Always looked like the weak link in (an admittedly great) City team.

He's turned down better clubs than us in the past so there's little to no chance of this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.