Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray: 5 goals 4 assists
Cornet: 9 goals 1 assist

The player youve (correctly) called "bang average" had 2 less goal involvements than one you'd spend £17.5mil on.

6 goals were in the space of only 10 games.

Cornet also scored 3 of goals while playing at Centre Forward. He actually started more games at centre forward than on the left.

Flash in the pan.
You may not rate cornet and that’s fine,
I don’t think he’s going to carry us to the champions league like, but don’t try and convince me gray is anything better than an relegation fodder journeyman. He’s played 170 games in the prem to score 15 goals and 5 is his best ever. Also he played 8 more games thanCornet to get 1 less goal contribution.

We only just avoided relegation last season and have FFP problems mate.

I think people need to reign in expectations until one of DCL/Richarlison/Pickford is sold to wipe the books clean / another 1-2 summers of big earners coming off the books.
Unable to spend much doesn’t mean we have to wilfully accept signing crap. It means we take gambles on lower league talent, loans, etc.

I don’t profess to be a font of knowledge these days regarding players available but I’d wager there are many, many better options than Cornet.

Hes the only player I would miss.

I would miss Dom, but honestly, after the way hes been treated by this fanbase, I would rather he moved on and maybe his next fanbase supported their Star Striker a bit better.
I wouldn’t miss Dom I’ve never rated him that highly he’s half decent at best.

Reactions: JLW
We need a ton of help in midfield and defence and we also need help creating up front. We need a LOT of help. We need to seriously scour every avenue. Derby has a couple players that went down to league 1 that should be able to be had at really cheap prices (relatively speaking). Everloan needs to make a comeback tho I have literally no idea how FFP works with loan fees. Make one or two "big" signings like Johnson if it is prudent but we NEED to be getting players on the way up instead of the way down. We have been absolutely ruined by not selling any of our players and letting them all go on a free. Simple proposition, if they jump at 100k p/w then that is way more than they should be getting paid.

Honestly, I loved him whilst he was here but Carlo really could have driven us off a cliff with how he only wanted "established" players and what they would be getting paid here.

Hes the only player I would miss.

I would miss Dom, but honestly, after the way hes been treated by this fanbase, I would rather he moved on and maybe his next fanbase supported their Star Striker a bit better.
DCL is made of stern stuff, he knows any adversity will only make him stronger, he`s a professional and will take the rough with the smooth. he`s always smiling so maybe some of our fans think he shouldve be more serious due to the position we were in

I'm not totally convinced about this tbh. Forest are not blessed with loads of money and a number of their current players are loans. If they wanted to keep the likes of Spence and Garner then they will need money. They would get money from being promoted obviously but there is going to be players wanting PL wages all of a sudden and they need to strengthen up top anyway and probably in a few other places. I know it was suggested in one of the reports that he could still move on regardless and I can see it tbh.

Not sure about their finances but I said Norwich should sell Aarons 12months ago. Alot of posters said i was talking nonsense as they'd get more for him now.

Problem is, injury, poor form, market risk etc or just circumstances (other players emerging) can lower the fee.

Hes got 12months left (KLP same with a 1 year club option) and they will sell if he doesnt extend.

Im confident he would extend and then the fee would go from £20mil to close to £40mil i imagine.

We need Forest to lose.

….agree, I think he’ll stay unless he wants to leave. I reckon he’s the main player Lampard wants to keep but if he wants to leave then we should seek maximum fee.
I wonder if he will stay unless PSG or Madrid come in for him...if we convince him to extend with a release clause fee and higher wage perhaps that may work until his favoured clubs come in?

How do you know that we can buy without selling? The finances were absolutely dire and we can't hide behind COVID to reduce losses anymore. The spotlight is on us right now.
FFP is calculated based on length of contract when signing players. Then upfront when selling.

Were £20mil i think in the clear and have the out of contract players leaving so over £16mill removed from outgoing transfer fee amortization from them + with loans ending £450-500k a week wages off the books.

Guesswork of course but id say weve got at least £20mil and £400k wages (the majority of which on extensions)

Id welcome another year where we matched or lowered spending based on sales.

Move ALOT on and bring in 5/6.

Next year do the same and we should be home and dry.
You may not rate cornet and that’s fine,
I don’t think he’s going to carry us to the champions league like, but don’t try and convince me gray is anything better than an relegation fodder journeyman. He’s played 170 games in the prem to score 15 goals and 5 is his best ever. Also he played 8 more games thanCornet to get 1 less goal contribution.

Id sell Gray in a heartbeat.

If we had any kind of semi-reliable source of goals other than DCL and Richarlison, I'd be open to selling both of them just to offset FFP so we can start again. The difficulty is that we have no backup for them whatsoever, so we'd end up having to sign "Premier League-proven" goalscorers to replace them and then be back at square one anyway. We really have ballsed up the money side of things, big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.