Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that our defence has been all over the place for a while. Our best form at the back came with having 4 centre backs in the back four under Carlo.

Last season we had something like 25+ combinations of defenders and that absolutely need to change. We leak goals constantly, can’t handle set pieces, and are walked over most of the time.

If we can get Tarkowski in early and he’s not demanding too much in wages/sign on fees (~£100k a week, ~£5m in fees), then he solves a lot of our problems.

The reality is that our defence has been all over the place for a while. Our best form at the back came with having 4 centre backs in the back four under Carlo.

Last season we had something like 25+ combinations of defenders and that absolutely need to change. We leak goals constantly, can’t handle set pieces, and are walked over most of the time.

If we can get Tarkowski in early and he’s not demanding too much in wages/sign on fees (~£100k a week, ~£5m in fees), then he solves a lot of our problems.
If Mina and Tarkowski play they will head everything away.

If Tarkowski is offered anywhere near 100k a week whoever made the offer needs to shot into the sea. This is exactly how you get stuck with mediocre players running down massive contracts ending in the exact problematic situation we’re in right now.

Godfrey? Also talk of Colwill on loan. I can see that Tarkowski, Godfrey, Colwill, Holgate as our options next season. Keane it depends on the market for him but I think Mina will be sold.
If we could get Tarkowski in + Colwill on a permanent or loan with option then I think...

Tarkowski, Godfrey, Colwill, Holgate would be enough if were aiming for a back 4.

Then sell Keane/Mina and loan Branthwaite.

Back 3 and we keep Branthwaite and Mina and sell Keane.

Ive said before but Colwill would be my first signing...hes going to be a top player. If we could bring him and Tarkowski in then were looking good.

If Tarkowski is offered anywhere near 100k a week whoever made the offer needs to shot into the sea. This is exactly how you get stuck with mediocre players running down massive contracts ending in the exact problematic situation we’re in right now.

1: Tarkowski isnt mediocre.
2: Moyes has offered £20mil and £30mil for the past 2 summers.
3: We need a player with his exact profile

The problem we have had isnt the salary levels of players. Its the FFP rules where we need to sell players for a % of the price we purchased them for or its an FFP loss.

Dawson is on about 50k a week so he should be on something similar
They paid £3mil in loan + transfer fees.

That would have cost them the equivilent of £108k a week in year one of his contract.

He's also an inferior player to Tarkowski and 3 years older at 32.

If we could get Tarkowski in + Colwill on a permanent or loan with option then I think...

Tarkowski, Godfrey, Colwill, Holgate would be enough if were aiming for a back 4.

Then sell Keane/Mina and loan Branthwaite.

Back 3 and we keep Branthwaite and Mina and sell Keane.

Ive said before but Colwill would be my first signing...hes going to be a top player. If we could bring him and Tarkowski in then were looking good.

Zat in that hypothetical situation, Tarkowski gets injured we get relegated with the only cbs being Colwil, Godfrey and Holgate,

Status
Not open for further replies.