Homepage Article Lessons From the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article, in that it's a worthwhile warning that we face a real grind to get out of this and luck will also have to play a part in that.

But I'd dispute that Lampard has raw materials better than the 90s teams that avoided the drop. He doesn't.

I said on another thread yesterday that supporters are finding it almost impossible to face the fact that £500M has been spent for the most part on terrible players, and they half expect this crisis to evaporate because of it as the games come and go now. That's because the mind cant accommodate the folly of the last 6 years.

The truth is that we possibly dont even have a team as technically good as the 93/94 and 97/98 cohorts.

That half billion has been spent on dire players who would struggle to get in a Burnley or Watford team.

We are in deep deep trouble here, and if the Leeds result is poor I can see us disintegrating as an organisation in blind panic.

Great articles. Dare I say fair weather biffs like, loathing to name names, @Stephenlloyd should read them **very** slowly, and others who put their entitlement before Everton. We need a sea change of culture in the club away from the angry thick masses agitating non beneficial flux.

Status
Not open for further replies.