Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say we were attractive, I didn't even say we're not rubbish.

But we were rubbish when Ancelotti came, and he didn't leave because we were rubbish. He left because he got a (much) better offer.

In fact we were in a worse situation when Ancelotti joined. 3pts above the relegation zone.

Lets see who's right shall we. I hope Im wrong.

I'd agree with this.

Still a few twists and turns to come with Martinez.

The heavy moving is already done if Martinez is No. 1 choice and he has told us and the Belgian F.A. he wants the job. I'm surprised by it, but then again nothing about this club is a surprise anymore.

There will be a lot of goodwill towards him from Belgium, and if there is posturing it's just for PR and compensation purposes on their part.

From my understanding, Belgium have said no job share. I can understand that, as frankly Belgium would become the after thought.

Generally international managers are not as well paid, or on as long contracts (or without opt outs). If the club want him, I think it happens.

My reading is that Martinez holds huge affection for the club, and would come back. I think if you're Belgium, and your manager tells you that, its very hard to keep him.

The question to me, is will Bill Kenwright be able to convince Moshiri. It would be a huge come down for Moshiri to re appoint a manager he sacked 6 years ago to huge financial cost.

From my understanding, Belgium have said no job share. I can understand that, as frankly Belgium would become the after thought.

Generally international managers are not as well paid, or on as long contracts (or without opt outs). If the club want him, I think it happens.

My reading is that Martinez holds huge affection for the club, and would come back. I think if you're Belgium, and your manager tells you that, its very hard to keep him.

The question to me, is will Bill Kenwright be able to convince Moshiri. It would be a huge come down for Moshiri to re appoint a manager he sacked 6 years ago to huge financial cost.

I'd be astonished if Moshiri signed off on Martinez. Didn't Martinez sue him/us?

Disheartening to hear that Graham Potter has ruled out ever joining us and has intimated that he will only ever leave Brighton for a “big club”.

We have won the league more times than Man City and we get the same sort of gates as Chelsea, despite the fact that ten thousand seats at Goodison are behind a post. Surely we’re bigger than Brighton.
He’s crap anyway. Atrocious win record.

I'd be astonished if Moshiri signed off on Martinez. Didn't Martinez sue him/us?

That's the bit I find hardest. Sorting out the Belgium FA will be the easy bit.

If Kenwright has asserted control with Moshiri, and essentially stated you have made awful choices, and died on the Benitez hill, theres a possibility he let's Kenwright select I suppose. But christ, it's some come down that.

Those who say Kovac is impossible I would like to remind them that we are effectively going to be reduced to recruiting from the available pool of out-of-work managers.

Like Ancelotti was..,

And Kovac is…
So why is everyone touting Rooney, Martinez, Potter, Mourinho etc. etc. They are all employed (thankfully).

Status
Not open for further replies.