Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t rule Potter out yet.

When questioned today he didn’t say he wasn’t interested and when he stated that he was happy at Brighton he rubbed his nose… any body language expert will tell you that means he was telling a big porkie pie!

Rooney won’t happen.
Martinez won’t happen.
Big Dunc won’t happen.

Potter seems the best fit for everyone.

Let’s hope that he’s a Davey Moyes rather than a Mike Walker!
Apart from Potter, reports he’s not interested and ruled himself out. I know that may change if we show him a contract but not looking that likely at the moment

Edit didn’t read the top of your post, maybe he was lying. We will see

I wouldn’t rule Potter out yet.

When questioned today he didn’t say he wasn’t interested and when he stated that he was happy at Brighton he rubbed his nose… any body language expert will tell you that means he was telling a big porkie pie!

Rooney won’t happen.
Martinez won’t happen.
Big Dunc won’t happen.

Potter seems the best fit for everyone.

Let’s hope that he’s a Davey Moyes rather than a Mike Walker!
It was an interesting response. Already seen people on here say he flat out said no to the job haha.

Apart from Potter, reports he’s not interested and ruled himself out. I know that may change if we show him a contract but not looking that likely at the moment

Edit didn’t read the top of you me post, maybe he was lying. We will see
He said he wouldn't speculate on newspaper stories.

That leaves the door open...

For me the most obvious decision is to bring Rooney in with Dunc as No. 2, I`m positive Rooney would let Dunc have more impact on the team than previous managers who took him as a token gesture to get the job....

From watching Derby they play the way I want to see Everton play the game with intensity, energy, heart, commitment and passion. Exactly the mould I think a Ferguson would bring, IMO Young Rooney with Dunc would benefit and compliment each other.

Then build the club from there.... starting with a good proven DoF.
I like Dunc, and fair is fair, he went back to basics into a 442 when absolutly nothing, no sytem at all, would work. Instantly, the players looked more at ease and the first game was a win. From then on the opposition quickly figured it out and we went back to beeing toothless tigers.

This is the whole point against Rooney and Lampard too. Initially they may have good, even great ideas but up against well oiled managing teams like Klopp, Pep, Bielsa, Moyes, Rodgers, Potter, Conte..how do you see them act against such? Devising a plan B during a game when A doesnt seem to work? I hate to say it but I rather have stone aged football of Allardyce back until the summer and we can have some time for a good fit, instead of a hasty appointment that will do even more damage. Short term, we deff need an experienced hand, one with defensive acumen and not this wild billy flipflop pass idiot Martinez that thinks we have the 92 barcelona squad.

Depends what he does with his fullbacks. You can play 2 in the middle with advanced fullbacks - like a lot of modern progressive coaches do.

You need to get with the program

Not in the PL unless you have top quality CM's which we dont.

I think its YOU who needs to put down your FIFA 2021 playing in yer jarg South American league and get with reality sunshine!

Any manager taking a press conference for his current club wouldn't say anything different.

It's normal.

But in saying that.he would be the hardest to get bar one or two others on our so called list

Depends what he does with his fullbacks. You can play 2 in the middle with advanced fullbacks - like a lot of modern progressive coaches do.

You need to get with the program
Man City used inverted full backs for years, where as the full backs would go and sit next to the defensive midfielder allowing the other CMs to push on.

Status
Not open for further replies.