Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Benitez stopped the Coutinho deal because he wanted Longstaff: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../richard-keys-Rafael-benitez-everton-22776642

"Especially for my friends at the Liverpool Echo - the following is true," said Keys.

"Fact. He turned down the chance to take Philippe Coutinho to Goodison. Coutinho would’ve been a bigger attraction than Benitez. (Damn, I’m trying hard to keep this to ‘facts’). So Coutinho went to Villa - along with Everton’s best player, whose reputation Benitez tried to trash.

"And do you know who Everton were putting a deal together to sign instead of Coutinho? Sean Longstaff. Fact. Sean Longstaff - who can’t even hold down at place at Newcastle."

No one will want to come here until we name a permanent manager. Interim appointment won't be enough to have a player take that risk.

So Benitez stopped the Coutinho deal because he wanted Longstaff: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../richard-keys-Rafael-benitez-everton-22776642

"Especially for my friends at the Liverpool Echo - the following is true," said Keys.

"Fact. He turned down the chance to take Philippe Coutinho to Goodison. Coutinho would’ve been a bigger attraction than Benitez. (Damn, I’m trying hard to keep this to ‘facts’). So Coutinho went to Villa - along with Everton’s best player, whose reputation Benitez tried to trash.

"And do you know who Everton were putting a deal together to sign instead of Coutinho? Sean Longstaff. Fact. Sean Longstaff - who can’t even hold down at place at Newcastle."
Almost like he knew he wouldn't be here long , and was trying to look after his buddy Slippy G

Surely we need to spend whatever cash we have on a leader at CB, someone who can win every header defending corners and get the back line working as a unit again.

And I'm all for Gana on loan for the rest of the season.
Gana Is too important for PSG. He is their most reliable midfielder. Wijnaldum would be easier to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.