2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We knew mate, we knew.

He was dinosaur, lost in the modern game. We could see through the results that masked the awful performances.

Wrong decision from a man who clearly has no idea what football is. Benitez talked Moshiri into getting full control and has absolutely ripped it to bits.

It’s a sad state of affairs we now find ourselves
It’s horrific, genuinely horrific

On a human level, watching this, I feel bad for the man. He's clearly had a phone call before this presser to tell him he's done at the club and he's just being professional going ahead with it. You can see it in his face when he talks about the future as if he's still going to be here. But it's the right call to sack him even if the dressing room is a mess

Sometimes if something looks like the wrong thing to, that's because it is the wrong thing to do. Appointing Benitez was totally stupid and the wrong thing to do.

Hes also a really poor manager these days even ignoring the fact he is completely the wrong fit. Moshiri needs to apologise for getting it so badly wrong and embarassing the fans.
I agree completely. Benitez was a truly appalling appointment. The worrying part is that we appointed Benitez after a period of reflection. It was allegedly a well-thought-out, well researched appointment.

We now have the same idiots, making a mid-season, knee-jerk reaction.

It is truly frightening thinking about whom, Moshiri might appoint next.

On a human level, watching this, I feel bad for the man. He's clearly had a phone call before this presser to tell him he's done at the club and he's just being professional going ahead with it. You can see it in his face when he talks about the future as if he's still going to be here. But it's the right call to sack him even if the dressing room is a mess

At the end of the day you're right. I take no joy in the suffering of another person. He's gone and I wish him the best. But it was never the right fit and I'm glad we can move on for what's best for the club.

But honestly it feels wrong that he can just walk away compensated with millions for putting the team in such a weak position.

I never thought Duncan Ferguson was good enough to be the manager of Everton. I have changed my mind, I think he should take over until the end of this season. The reason I have come to this conclusion is that the board really don’t fancy him and given the people they have put in charge clearly demonstrates that they haven’t a clue. If that lot think he is no good he is obviously brilliant.

At the end of the day you're right. I take no joy in the suffering of another person. He's gone and I wish him the best. But it was never the right fit and I'm glad we can move on for what's best for the club.

But honestly it feels wrong that he can just walk away compensated with millions for putting the team in such a weak position.
Yeah that's it 100%. Hence why I never called him names or anything like that. That's football though isn't it mate, compensated for failure

This was all far too inevitable. Most called it. Not just due to his past with the RS but because of his outdated style of play and recent record at clubs, including mass player revolts. It was destined to fail and almost the only person who couldn't see it was our owner. It's an utter mess. Not really worried about relegation, any competent manager will get us out this mess, whether or not our owner will appoint a competent manager is another matter.

Definitely it’s sad to see but he is one to blame for this situation. I don’t feel any empathy as a result. His ego and inability to change tactics or formations cost him his job. The way he treated Digne and James would caused issues in the dressing room. Hoping we can get an interim manager to keep us in the PL while focusing on getting the future right.

Status
Not open for further replies.