2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne picking the #27 shirt at Villa there…

InfantileGreedyAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

And El Ghazi was born in 1995

thinking-hmm.gif

Some strange angry posters or disguised kopites in here. Who else would want their own players to fail. Mykelenko has just played once dear lord.
Disguised kopites ?

Still waiting on an answer from you regarding this question I asked:
Where was benitez in 05/06? Why did you start following him?

You claim to love everton and have followed us since you were a teen. Yet you started following benitez when he was manager of our main rivals?

Is it though mate?

I mean, the fella was on an insane wage for a long time.

He refused to leave a few times, and was here about 10 minutes under Benitez.

The fan base have been screaming for a long time that the core of this squad are absolute wrong'uns and need giving the bum's rush.

Now I'm not necessary saying that's Digne, even if he did refuse to play for us against Chelsea - but I'm not going to start getting the violin out for Bernard.

One thing Benitez, and Ancelotti is absolutely spot on about is this team need a major shift in mentality.

Benitez just went one further with comments around wanting players who want to be here - something the fan base has been saying for a long time now.
I could think of ten players who contribute nothing to Everton, why not start with those?
Regardless of what you thought of Digne he was still one of our better players. If he had to be sold for financial reasons then fine we could understand it, but for me it was the way it was done. By a manager the majority of fans didn't want, don't like and has history of being a humongous (a bad work that would probably get me, all of my family members, and future generations banned and probably imprisoned).

I could think of ten players who contribute nothing to Everton, why not start with those?
Regardless of what you thought of Digne he was still one of our better players. If he had to be sold for financial reasons then fine we could understand it, but for me it was the way it was done. By a manager the majority of fans didn't want, don't like and has history of being a humongous (a bad work that would probably get me, all of my family members, and future generations banned and probably imprisoned).

My reply was about Bernards comment.

City spent £50million on an injury prone rapist. Zinchenko played a whole season there when they hit 100 points. Cancelo seems to be ripping it up there now. Currently top of the tree in the league.

They don't need to buy another left back just because ones available.

But like I said...it's up to you what you want to believe. Either top club's didn't want a left back for £25mill in Jan, or Digne is pap.
Never said he was pap. Just not good enough at the top level and at 25 Mill. Whoopee do.

I think it said his team were worried, because of the impact it might have on his international career.

'Digne had grown increasingly frustrated at his role in Benitez’s set-up, making his feelings known on multiple occasions.

He is a player who takes great pride in his creative prowess, receiving detailed statistical breakdowns from France national team analysts after every game. For so long, he had been the creative fulcrum for Everton, but Benitez’s arrival after Ancelotti left for a second spell as Real Madrid coach prompted a change in approach that he struggled to stomach.

Under the Spaniard, the full-backs were told to be more considered in their approach. Everton became more reactive and focused on counter-attacking play, with Digne’s numbers suffering as a result. He was no longer getting into the same areas of the pitch and, to his frustration, had been replaced by Benitez signing Andros Townsend on set pieces'.

It also references the veiled digs that Benitez made about him in public.

A mess all round frankly.
"his team were worried, because of the impact it might have on his international career" ????

That's a problem right away. His personal agenda was obviously ranked above that of the club. Wrong way round.

Amen. Shame people can’t, or refuse, to see this.

Imagine backing the players who are just as culpable after what they’ve served up over this season.

Fixed it for you

If you read my post properly I state that they are a mediocre club at this stage of their history. We are both massive football clubs. But both massively under achieving in recent years. I was just trying to say that Lucas Digne has basically gone from like to like or a sideways move if you wish, because he's not good enough to go higher.

Yes I misread what you said, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.