Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we only have twenty more matches to escape the relegation zone (which we're currently 8 points above).

This is the worst day of my life.

Southampton now 5 points ahead of us. Norwich is a huge match now, there is a very real danger of the bottom 6, including us, detaching from the rest of the league in terms of points. I knew it was going to be bad with Benitez, but if you had told me that we would be in a mini-league with Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley, Watford and Leeds to decide who stays up, I probably wouldn't have believed you.

our position in the table in February will be artificially high, having an easy start to the second half of the season. Let’s just hope we’re closer to 12th than 17th then because our last 12 games will send us down if not

Southampton now 5 points ahead of us. Norwich is a huge match now, there is a very real danger of the bottom 6, including us, detaching from the rest of the league in terms of points. I knew it was going to be bad with Benitez, but if you had told me that we would be in a mini-league with Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley, Watford and Leeds to decide who stays up, I probably wouldn't have believed you.
I think we are nailed on bottom six now. Just a question of the final position. At the moment I think we will have enough but the games from now until end February are critical for our survival

I think we are nailed on bottom six now. Just a question of the final position. At the moment I think we will have enough but the games from now until end February are critical for our survival
I don't see any understanding on the pitch and this transfer window is shaping up to be chaotic, we absolutely have to take 10 points (ideally more) from the next eight games. If we get distracted in the next few weeks by all this self-induced nonsense and don't get that many points then we are in huge danger. We are definitely not too good to go down.

I don't see any understanding on the pitch and this transfer window is shaping up to be chaotic, we absolutely have to take 10 points (ideally more) from the next eight games. If we get distracted in the next few weeks by all this self-induced nonsense and don't get that many points then we are in huge danger. We are definitely not too good to go down.
Agree. Really need 30+ points before we play Man City otherwise real trouble

I just checked and the City game is only 7 matches away, I don't see any world in which we get 11 points in 6 games. Dangerous times.
This weekend is fascinating. If we beat Norwich, Burnley lose and Watford beat Newcastle there would be and 11 point gap between us and the bottom 3. That would put us pretty much safe

Status
Not open for further replies.