Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at it this way....

20/21- ???
19/20 - 139.9m loss (67.3m COVID & 19.9m Stadium prep work) Nett £52.7m
18/19 - 111.8m loss
17/18 - 13.1m loss

Permitted losses by PL & sustainability rules are £105m across 3 years... well 3 years 17/18, 18/19 & 19/20 was £177.6m, these accounts would have come at YE2020 which was June 2020 and published in Dec 2020, if anything was to come of this I think we would have seen something by now.

For us to get back inline in 20/21 we need to have posted a profit of £59.5m.

Going a lot deeper would take a long time but this I believe is the basis, be interesting to see how The Esk, dare I say his name, frames it.

I beleive there may have been a `share issue` which may have reduced these numbers but only when we see the 2021 accounts we will know exactly where we stand, they are closed at the end of June and usually released in December, obv we wont be in a hurry to release them if they are bad but by the same token if they are too good as it might insinuate we have a few quid to burn.

Looking at it this way....

20/21- ???
19/20 - 139.9m loss (67.3m COVID & 19.9m Stadium prep work) Nett £52.7m
18/19 - 111.8m loss
17/18 - 13.1m loss

Permitted losses by PL & sustainability rules are £105m across 3 years... well 3 years 17/18, 18/19 & 19/20 was £177.6m, these accounts would have come at YE2020 which was June 2020 and published in Dec 2020, if anything was to come of this I think we would have seen something by now.

For us to get back inline in 20/21 we need to have posted a profit of £59.5m.

Going a lot deeper would take a long time but this I believe is the basis, be interesting to see how The Esk, dare I say his name, frames it.

I beleive there may have been a `share issue` which may have reduced these numbers but only when we see the 2021 accounts we will know exactly where we stand, they are closed at the end of June and usually released in December, obv we wont be in a hurry to release them if they are bad but by the same token if they are too good as it might insinuate we have a few quid to burn.
When that report came out a few months ago about, we were the worst off financially in the prem, and had to recoup was it 39mil? Before we could spend. Apparently Everton told a local journalist, that the figure was a load of rubbish.

Also we Probably have saved 30mil in wages this season? With another 30mil when siggurdsson, Tosun, delph and Kenny’s contracts end.

Now with Digne going probably Mina to. Maybe Gomes( another big earner) fingers crossed kean’s deal goes through. Then I’d say
Things are starting to looking better.

When that report came out a few months ago about, we were the worst off financially in the prem, and had to recoup was it 39mil? Before we could spend. Apparently Everton told a local journalist, that the figure was a load of rubbish.

Also we Probably have saved 30mil in wages this season? With another 30mil when siggurdsson, Tosun, delph and Kenny’s contracts end.

Now with Digne going probably Mina to. Maybe Gomes( another big earner) fingers crossed kean’s deal goes through. Then I’d say
I agree, I dont think it is all doom and gloom, I think we will be surprised by our position when taking in to account COVID, stadium Capitalisation and maybe some creative accounting allegedly. We are owned by a billionaires accountant!

Again if we were the S**t show everyone is portraying I`m sure we would have faced sanctions by now.

Isn't our wages about that? If so, would that not mean we didn't make a cent at all last year?

From The Esk's fan-accounting this summer he estimated about £175mill loss for 20/21. £61mill of that is the stadium. Take into account other caps and COVID, it'll be around £112mill.

All this was before Carlo left and didn't take into account Kean, Bernard, James all going. Add Digne and the amount of players out of contract next summer Icelandic Babysitter, Delph, Kenny and Tosun....we're massively safe from FFP.

I think the plan all along has been to purge all of the big earners by any means necessary.

James, Bernard, Kean all gone/going.
Digne expected out the door, talk of Allan “falling out” with the manager & possibility of Mina being made available.

End of this season is another big chunk of wages saved for mostly dross, so I think we’ve identified we pay way too much to polish crap & whilst it would make money available to spend, we would watch how much we will pay the replacements in wages.

I wasnt against Gray and was sceptical about Townsend, Townend has proven to be good for us but has tailed off in the last 2/3 games. Yes players are going to go in and out of form and that probably is what happened, the injury came at the wrong time for him.

As I said in another post previously I don`t think he starts in our strongest 11 but is a good squad player and still has something to offer.

If you are looking at strike rate, Rafael`s is 1 or 2 in 5, surely that isnt sustainable and needs to improve
I think Begovic and Rondon were signed as squad fillers.
Cost nothing and will not be on huge wages.

Lonergan can barely be counted as a signing at all.

The real next test of RB comes next month.

After his WC heroics he was rubbish but before that he was better than any post-Southall keeper we’ve had bar Martyn.

I agree with this

Howard was decent when he first arrived.

Thomas Myhre was twice the keeper...

Its all about cutting costs long term. Those losses, the best part of 30M of them will be Tosun, Walcott and Bolasie, players that didnt kick a ball for us last season. They already did cut costs in the summer to the tune of 40M or so (even accounting for incomings), and will do the same again next summer. With Digne leaving that will put us in an even better position even with a couple of others coming in.

Delph, Mina, number 10, Kenny and Tosun all departing in the summer or earlier will reduce costs by another 50M or so as well and that leaves us just about breaking even.

Richarlison will be sold giving us a healthy margin for bringing in a load of fresh new faces... and we already have a big sale done for 2023 in Moise Kean.

Dont worry... whats more important is we invest well now.

No need to go into specifics mate but what does the highlighted part mean? Breaking even on?

Broken record Zat. You have maintained some irrational hatred for Seamus for years.

I just hope it is not some manifestation of xenophobia or sectarianism for your own sake, as it is a deeply toxic trait for the xenophobe, not for the target.

Against West Ham he was the only one who finally had a go at them, after ages of sitting off by the whole team.

Yesterday, he was still the best of a crap group of defenders. To compare him with Rondon is frankly childish and irrational.

Sorry if this offends.

No Zat, I loath cowardly anonymous abuse of any individual. You really seem to have problems facing up to what you are.

Putting you on ignore as I really dislike keyboard bullies.

We lost out badly on the young Shamrock Rovers keeper Gavin Bazunu who was hoovered up by City. Now the established no 1 for Ireland, and just awarded RTE young sportsperson of the year.

Where are our scouts??

I can only imagine that the Everton scouts are:

Xenopobic
Sectarian
Toxic
Childish and irrational

Perhaps they 'hate' Irish people...

Status
Not open for further replies.