2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reaction of a man who now knows he is firmly in charge and that goal cemented that.

I think he is now in the strongest position since he came to the club.
And that’s what worries me.

He’s won 2 games in 12. The second half yesterday was good. We still didn’t create much really. We scored every chance we had - including the disallowed goals - so that needs to improve but the intensity was there to our play and arsenal were poor. Let’s not pretend it was perfect though. We could easily have conceded three and a good team would have killed us in the first half. He also rushed Mina back and lo and behold the lad got injured and will likely be out for a while at a crucial time.

I’m going to be seeing if our run becomes 3 wins in 13, 4 in 14 etc before in any way thinking I’m wrong about Benitez, because frankly he doesn’t deserve that much leeway

Strange also, that as players start to return that the team won.

Benitez has made mistakes but we simply cannot paper over the loss of our better players.
Ffs mate literally Gomes was back yesterday and he was only fit enough for 30 mins. Mina wasn’t fit and shouldn’t have started.

The team was exactly the same. Richarlison, gray, Doucoure etc have been fit for a few games. They haven’t been played right.

You know what actually won us the game yesterday? Playing three in midfield - he’s had three central midfielders to choose from every game since Doucoure got injured

I think it is a lot higher than 0% and was before last nights win.

The victory was just one game and won’t change a lot of fans thinking of him, even if we make steady progress in the future they will stick to the blinkered image they have of him and that view is highlighted, to them, that he was once Liverpool’s manager and made a remark about Everton. A lot of these fans are intelligent people too, amazing!!
It’s got nothing to do with him being Liverpool manager. He’s just very poor for 2021

Ffs mate literally Gomes was back yesterday and he was only fit enough for 30 mins. Mina wasn’t fit and shouldn’t have started.

The team was exactly the same. Richarlison, gray, Doucoure etc have been fit for a few games. They haven’t been played right.

You know what actually won us the game yesterday? Playing three in midfield - he’s had three central midfielders to choose from every game since Doucoure got injured
At one stage in our run of losses we were missing Mina, Gomes, Richarlison, Docoure all of whom played some minutes last night.

Gomes in particular I thought was very important in the last quarter.

I do agree that we have been overrun in central midfield and that was a consistent problem which could have been addressed.

I think it is a lot higher than 0% and was before last nights win.

The victory was just one game and won’t change a lot of fans thinking of him, even if we make steady progress in the future they will stick to the blinkered image they have of him and that view is highlighted, to them, that he was once Liverpool’s manager and made a remark about Everton. A lot of these fans are intelligent people too, amazing!!
I actually meant at the club rather than the fanbase, that’s what the poster I replied to had mentioned hence my reply with Vague reference to James , brands , Dona hue and now Digne .

Look my opinion is worth the same as everyones but I don’t like the fella , in a footballing sense that is . I never wanted him closer than the opposition bench to Goodison , I also feel his appointment was divisive and frankly a slap in the face to many of us . All that said ultimately all I really care about is the club winning football matches, if he can get his win percentage above Mike Walker levels where he currently is and get this team winning on a fairly consistent level then he’ll have no complaints from me .

Strange also, that as players start to return that the team won.

Benitez has made mistakes but we simply cannot paper over the loss of our better players.

…some have been calling them wasters but I don’t think the attitude was that bad. They were very unlucky not to get the 3 points against Spurs.

i think it’s been much more to do with how poorly the team has been set up. See the difference for the period Gomes joined Doucoure and Allan. The in-game management at Brentford was very poor.

I’m not seeing any innovative tactics at play here, last night was so much to do with that crowd. 18 points is a very worrying return at this stage, there’s nothing from Benitez from a coaching perspective to make me feel comfortable just yet.

At one stage in our run of losses we were missing Mina, Gomes, Richarlison, Docoure all of whom played some minutes last night.

Gomes in particular I thought was very important in the last quarter.

I do agree that we have been overrun in central midfield and that was a consistent problem which could have been addressed.
Erm no we weren’t. In none of our games have all of those players been missing at once

Pretty safe to say he'll be here for at least this season and next summer. The next department to be nervous will be the scouting department and followed by the academy in the summer. Kenwright will do well to stay away from meddling in any football related decisions or I can see him as the next "big name" to go.
Gretar Steinsson (ex-Bolton) recruited by his pal Brands, is the head of scouting. He should be next out the door.

….strange how some are euphorically judging him for a win who made excuses for all the defeats.

I’m not sure claiming that we’re probably not in danger of getting relegated now and there’s no immediate rationale to fire him is ‘euphorically judging’. I’ve not seen anyone say it was a tactical masterclass or he even got everything right. Most people are simply relieved the pressure got taken out of the situation of us near the bottom of the table for now at least.

Pretty safe to say he'll be here for at least this season and next summer. The next department to be nervous will be the scouting department and followed by the academy in the summer. Kenwright will do well to stay away from meddling in any football related decisions or I can see him as the next "big name" to go.
Blue Bill is going nowhere till the stadium gets built. Id quite like to see a Benitez vs Kenwright situation, especially how it would play out in the Echo and other rags but I would expect there is only going to be one winner and it won't be Rafael.

Status
Not open for further replies.