2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this playing 3 in midfield frees up Doucoure always makes a big difference when he gets forward, hopefully that's the way he goes from now on.
I hope the reason he has persisted with a two is because Davies and Gomes were both injured. Suspect I’m wrong mind lol

Gomes a pleasant surprise last night but fully expect to be seething at him if he starts on Sunday. Such is the way of Everton.

Nothing against Tarkowski, but think we may need to aim a little lower in terms of what you'd have to spend to get him. Benitez is going to have to pull some really clever ones out of the bag next month.
Sell to buy: recycle any fee received for Digne if he doesn't want to be here.

On this occasion, surprisingly , it was down to the manager. With 15 minutes left he finally admitted that his stubborn belief that a 2 man midfield would eventually work was wrong.

Once we brought on Gomes and went 3 in midfield we looked much more comfortable. It wasn't down to Gomes particularly, it was down to having an extra body in midfield. Its a pity it took him so long to see what everyone else could see.

It also helped the cause last night that Venezuela's star striker was unavailable. If Benitez is to last the course, he needs to heed the lessons of last night.
He did exactly same against Burnley, and brought gomes on which turned the game. We just are better with 3 in the middle and douncs pushed up. He just needs to stop being stubborn with this 2 in the middle.

Sell to buy: recycle any fee received for Digne if he doesn't want to be here.

I like Tarkowski, but he's 29 - if we are trying to be smarter about how we spend our money, given he'd cost a fair few quid, is he really the most sensible way of spending it? Signing players for big money who then give you no resale value is sort of how we ended up in this mess.

Anyway, no arguments that we need a centre back. Just hope that Benitez knows of a younger, cheaper alternative.

I like Tarkowski, but he's 29 - if we are trying to be smarter about how we spend our money, given he'd cost a fair few quid, is he really the most sensible way of spending it? Signing players for big money who then give you no resale value is sort of how we ended up in this mess.

Anyway, no arguments that we need a centre back. Just hope that Benitez knows of a younger, cheaper alternative.
?

...and NOW.

Does anyone have an idea how much Paddy Power lost paying out on our manager's dismissal?

:coffee:

….if they’ve paid out it’ll be very little, probably in 3 figures. He’s still odds-on with most firms;

5369E14D-242F-4D4C-87E5-67F49C0F8BC9.png

no, if we are focussed on where we finish, then position will always trump points at whatever stage we are at. Your points tally can swing wildly from season to season, nobody cares, it's where you finish visavis to your rivals which is what is important.
4th with 61pts
or
5th with 72pts
The choice is yours...I know what I'd pick.

On this occasion, surprisingly , it was down to the manager. With 15 minutes left he finally admitted that his stubborn belief that a 2 man midfield would eventually work was wrong.

Once we brought on Gomes and went 3 in midfield we looked much more comfortable. It wasn't down to Gomes particularly, it was down to having an extra body in midfield. Its a pity it took him so long to see what everyone else could see.

It also helped the cause last night that Venezuela's star striker was unavailable. If Benitez is to last the course, he needs to heed the lessons of last night.
He may have been forced into it, just like Ancelotti was forced into the successful 'wall of 4'
One ditched it and we went backwards
I hope Benitez sticks with what works...and keeps Iwobi the 'K away from everything

Status
Not open for further replies.