2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to our financial situation, I'd be open to selling Pickford and Digne if we got a good price and IF we could bring in decent replacements for much cheaper. I think that should be possible.

Pickford still can't command his box and Digne's defensive weaknesses have been papered over by his assist statistics.

Seems like a fairly Benitez thing to do. He talked about Godfrey being primarily used as a full back earlier in the season, same as he did with Carragher.

Looked quite obvious he’s had a barny with Lucas. Digne has been great for us but definitely not at his best at the minute. Defensively he doesn’t give enough and the manager has also nullified his attacking threat.

Digne has been a shadow of his former self for quite a while.

He needs to look at himself in the mirror. If he can’t do that then it’s time for him to move on.

Due to our financial situation, I'd be open to selling Pickford and Digne if we got a good price and IF we could bring in decent replacements for much cheaper. I think that should be possible.

Pickford still can't command his box and Digne's defensive weaknesses have been papered over by his assist statistics.
Call it controversial but I don’t think we’d have lost much if we sold Pickford and kept Robin Olsen. Pickford’s distribution, when he’s on it, is top class though.

Seems like a fairly Benitez thing to do. He talked about Godfrey being primarily used as a full back earlier in the season, same as he did with Carragher.

Looked quite obvious he’s had a barny with Lucas. Digne has been great for us but definitely not at his best at the minute. Defensively he doesn’t give enough and the manager has also nullified his attacking threat.
Be surprised if he is still an Everton player come end of next transfer window.

Call it controversial but I don’t think we’d have lost much if we sold Pickford and kept Robin Olsen. Pickford’s distribution, when he’s on it, is top class though.
We'd get a good price because he's very good in many areas. Hopefully Spurs put in a big bid and we pick up a decent replacement in Europe who can catch a ball.

Looks like Digne will be our transfer kitty for January then. Can't say it bothers me too much to be honest as he's been very average since his first season here. I'm sure there'll be lots of gnashing of teeth if he goes but the funds for a rebuild will have to come from somewhere.

So apparently further to the France stuff...

He's gone to France with permission from the club but by doing so he's missed some additional sessions that the players agreed to on days off.

So as always not exactly a pure breach of policy but in the context of the team etc, no doubt not well thought of.

Looks like Digne will be our transfer kitty for January then. Can't say it bothers me too much to be honest as he's been very average since his first season here. I'm sure there'll be lots of gnashing of teeth if he goes but the funds for a rebuild will have to come from somewhere.

Story of his career really - good first season and then seems to lose motivation, consistency and form. I wonder if we have a recall clause on Nkounkou? Not sure how he is doing in Belgium - 11 starts so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.