2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare him to Iwobi. Iwobi arguably has more raw skill, but has 1/100 the heart as Richarlison.

That was something special we saw tonight. This is why we watch sport, to get so emotionally invested in men we (mostly) have never met, making stupid money, playing a boys' game - for transcendent moments like this.

This club was dying. I don't mean just that it looked like the drop was possible. The club has faced the drop before and escaped, if only just. In the past several weeks, especially the derby and following, we've seen the club lose its way, lose its pride, its identity, its sense of self. Well as far as I know and the reason why this club chose me (over what would have been active resistance if I had known what I was in for) is that Everton FC never quits and keeps coming at you, especially at home. And on a night where we honestly feared that that club was gone, this man from halfway around the world just decided we weren't going to lose with him on the pitch.

General Ulysses S. Grant was of low repute (he was a drunk, among other things). There was pressure on President Abraham Lincoln to get rid of him. Lincoln said: "I can't spare this man. He fights."

Richarlison fights.

Christ mate he only scored a header he didn’t fight at the Somme lol

IMG_20211207_052238.jpg

Great game but still find him wildly overrated.
I get this, it's wrong though, he's a special player as we've seen many flashes of, he's one of them tho that needs to be around other special players on the same page, can't remember the last time he fully beat a man one on one, that's not his game and shouldn't be some sort of benchmark, doesn't have blistering pace down the wing, not that type of player that fans seem to expect him to be, he does however have pure instinct, flair and technique, and for that type of player he's incredibly hard working and reasonably physical, don't get the hate, we're significantly less of a problem without him in the squad

Reactions: FUD

Probably his best game for us. Has to do that every week. Helped by a midfield that fought for everything and gave him the ball

What I noticed last night is that he wasn't isolated in his pressing. Gordon and Gray were coming infield to join the press in a kind of spearhead formation which looked far more effective. Townsend and Dacoure also joined the press. Richarlison is far more effective when our other forward players do this and gives the opposing keeper much more to think about when trying to play out from the back.

For me, this guy is a blue and gets the club. His determination was infectious last night and seeing him make sure the kid who ran onto the pitch but was caught by the steward got his moment speaks volumes. ?

He had his Brazil recovery downtime on Everton's time. Last night should only be the start of his payback to this club before we sell him in the summer.

Go out and get 15 goals from this point and we'll call it even for the season and he can go with our blessings...as long as £90M comes from his sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.