Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my man of the match but my stand out player was Godfrey tonight.

Out of position so he knows he can't play there.

Spent the whole night being a snidey little so and so making sure to leave his mark on everyone down that side. That's the sort of attitude we have been lacking for so long , a proper hardman performance that left saka wanting to stay away from him

We haven't had an attacking outlook at all. We were 18th in the league for shots before tonight (across our winless run). It was just awful and that system will not work even with Dom fit as it's very easy to stop.

Playing with real pace and tenacity isn't easy to stop and we did that in the second half today. Got nothing to do with getting crosses in. Bar the set-piece one, none of our goals or disallowed goals were remotely from a cross.
we have. certainly compared to last season we have a much more attacking outlook. It may not have yielded many goals cos of different reasons, but we are much more on the front foot. Last season we sat back, and our attacking outlets were the fullbacks. Here the defenders defend and the attackers attack, and the forward players seem much happier as a result. certainly Doucouré and Richi have much more of a spring in their step, and I'm sure Dcl will too when he gets back. Rather than chasing channels all game like last year.

Spent the whole night being a snidey little so and so making sure to leave his mark on everyone down that side. That's the sort of attitude we have been lacking for so long , a proper hardman performance that left saka wanting to stay away from him
one week to late for me, he would have sorted Salah early doors last week

Nothing wrong with being strategic, but letting yourself be overrun in midfield every week before changing it isn't strategic it's just daft. Anyone who watches us regularly knows we need 3 in the middle, Alan and 1 other at CDM and Doucoure further forward. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
if he doesn't want to play with a three, I don't think he will. He's entitled to set up how he wants, each formation has its pros and cons.

We're not very good. We're not going to win every game. The simple view is we win when we try harder but had Gray not scored a screamer would you say they didn't try?
Good Lord. It's not complicated mate. Most of the team putting a shift in this evening and getting a result does NOT equate to "these lads can be relied upon to put in a shift every week" - they have PROVED in recent weeks that they often DON'T put a shift in.

And that's what matters, because it is highly likely that when most of your team don't work hard, you'll lose.

skysports-richarlison-everton_5606766.jpg

Show's it plainer, even though zoomed out. He's drawn the red dot in front of Richarlison's toe, and the blue dot on the boot of the defender (you can see the blue dot coming onto the white line). It's a few centimetres difference but it's enough to give Atwell the call he wanted to give.

Few centimetres? Really? Not even a few milimetres
It's not offside.
The feet/boots, are level.
What ever happened to giving it to the forward?
This is miniscule decision making. A human eye can't see this. Even the photo like a horse race photo finish, does not prove an offside, it is invisible to the naked eye.
It's VAR but it's not VAR, this is someone calling it, how can you call that offside?

Soon as Arsenal started diving round there was no way they were going to win that game. Such a good side to play when you're on a bad run.

It's not offside.
The feet/boots, are level.
What ever happened to giving it to the forward?
This is miniscule decision making. A human eye can't see this. Even the photo like a horse race photo finish, does not prove an offside, it is invisible to the naked eye.
It's VAR but it's not VAR, this is someone calling it, how can you call that offside?

I think he's about 2 millimetres offside.

But the line they draw with VAR is thicker than that, so he's onside.

Atwell has had to draw the lines and those dots in a way to proactively give the offside.

It's blatant cheating. It's not incompetence. I firmly believe there's been widespread match fixing and cheating in football for a long time. Not just affecting Everton, I'm not that sort of tin foil hat madman, but for us there's been clear examples of it, like Clattenburg, and absolutely with Collina.

VAR is simply the latest tool in the armory.

what the hell were Arsenal trying to achieve by time wasting from 60mins ?

all it did was give us a nice big extra time to grab the winner from

bizarre management from the Slim Spanish Waiter

If they'd actually just got on with the game then I'm convinced they'd have got 3 points. As always, they imploded. No character or bottle in their side whatsoever. Too reliant on decent youngsters.

we have. certainly compared to last season we have a much more attacking outlook. It may not have yielded many goals cos of different reasons, but we are much more on the front foot. Last season we sat back, and our attacking outlets were the fullbacks. Here the defenders defend and the attackers attack, and the forward players seem much happier as a result. certainly Doucouré and Richi have much more of a spring in their step, and I'm sure Dcl will too when he gets back. Rather than chasing channels all game like last year.
I'll check the numbers in a bit but we have been very similar

And before the derby we were bottom of the league for goals scored in the previous 7 games, 18th for possession, 18th for shots, etc. So no it's been pretty bad.

Totally agree, he’s a red card nightmare though

I applaud your optimism Sass. Its in short supply these days.
I believe words have power and if we want good things coming our way then we need to envision what we wish. I couldn’t watch the second half because I had a body massage scheduled this afternoon but while laying there I kept envisioning at 2-1, that was the thought I kept sending to the universe. I just got out the massage and have seen our score and I’m so happy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.