Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board and owner are responsible for the poor quality of the squad. The board and owner are responsible for the lack of vision and direction over several seasons.

Benitez is responsible for the underachievement of the squad and the poor results on the pitch. This squad is not good enough to challenge for europe and I accept that. I do not accept that 2 points from 24 and 1 win in 11 is acceptable form from a squad who got 59 points last season. He is responsible for the lack of results and he will ultimately be sacked if results do not improve this month. His tactics have been baffling in recent games, and our defending has been a disgrace.

My opinion is that he is simply not good enough, and unless there is a quick upturn in results, then my opinion will be vindicated and proven. If 1 win in 11 becomes 1 win in 14 or 15 then there is no doubt his position becomes untenable and he deserves to be sacked for gross underachievement.

I cant defend the current run of form its simply not good enough, im not a hypocrite I said it under Silva and I'll say with Raffa its a results business and if he falls into the bottom 3 he'll be peddled and rightfully so.

I just dont think a lot of the anger at the ground at present is directed towards him though.

I think the last 5-6 years of mismanagement, lack of progress on the pitch and jobs for the boys is fuelling a lot of discontent.

Also the lack of investment in the summer.

Would we survive relegation?

Of all the examples given above (villa, Sunderland, West ham etc) our wage bill to income ratio has to be closest in situation to Leeds and they were nearly out of existence (as were villa I think). The risk of owner turning de-investing/flogging his shares to a total fly-by-night has to be quite high. These are ego/vanity projects for them - the championship does little for a rich man's ego.

Only to a small degree in terms of the matchday fans - because if we were 16th in the table now with 1 win in 10 or whatever even the likes of Ancelotti would be getting a lot of anger directed at him.

I remember the defeat at home to Norwich in Silva's second season and there was a fan recorded confronting Kenwright shouting at him to sack Silva.

Its nothing new!
Its been "nasty" a few times, i agree, even the throwing of cushion era were pretty toxic and the crowds at those games weren't huge just hardcore but this is a different ball game, you cannot deny the added toxicity due to who it is at the helm of the team?

Like you have seen it all over the years, infighting, protests, etc etc but this feels very different.

I cant defend the current run of form its simply not good enough, im not a hypocrite I said it under Silva and I'll say with Raffa its a results business and if he falls into the bottom 3 he'll be peddled and rightfully so.

I just dont think a lot of the anger at the ground at present is directed towards him though.

I think the last 5-6 years of mismanagement, lack of progress on the pitch and jobs for the boys is fuelling a lot of discontent.

It's a whole host of different issues, but Benitez is part of it. People feel hurt that the owner was so willing to go against the fans and appoint someone so divisive. When you do that as an owner then it better work, and so far it has been extremely poor.

Not sure there is anywhere for moshiri to go other than stick with his man even if it means relegation who can he turn to its crap or bust now

We're sleep walking into relegation and this year maybe the one.

Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Iwobi, Davies, Rondon, Kenny, Tosun, Gomes, JPG, Begovic, Lonergan.

All championship quality yet make up the basis of our squad.
There’s at least five in that list who would struggle to get in teams in the top half of the championship, it’s scary how bad the depth of this squad is tbh! Scandalous that it’s been allowed to get to this point!

Having seen our last five games of the season , let’s hope we can pick up some points and fairly rapidly because needing a few wins from them might well be a tough ask .

Status
Not open for further replies.