27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we couldn't spend cos of FFP, we've had an injury list from hell, playing unfit players, and a really tough run of fixtures. It's a tough patch. What you don't do is throw your toys out of the pram, you back the team.

This is about my whole 28 year lifetime of following Everton. The club is lost and spiralling towards relegation.

Why do you insist on blaming the fans for everything? Why not hold the club to account and ask for better?

For me this protest must take place, and in full view of the media, due to the narrative the club puts out to the wider world. I was talking to a mate of mine this morning who is an Arsenal fan, he has heard about this planned protest and wanted to know why it was happening. I sent him a few articles and he was astonished. He was under the impression we were a very well run club, with a few minor problems hindering our progress. He had no idea how far the rot had spread, and I believe this is mainly due to the way the club presents itself, 'our board is the envy of the league etc'. A ground emptying midway through the first half is a great way to get eyes on the problem and there is no way of hiding it. I really hope that the vast majority participate this evening.

our sense of entitlement is bullet proof. Leeds have just spent 20 years down among the drega and are currently stinking the place out after a hugely impressive first season. Where are there 'not good enough' demonstrations? No, they are backing the team through a difficult spell, Which is what we should be doing, and not upbraiding an owner who has lashed out so much of his own money on us.
It’s the ownership and running of the club you utter numpty

Just out of curiosity Kev, if you want to protest the running of the club who do you protest against?
the owner of course. I'm not sure though you'd go to the owner to complain about who the owner is though. Well you could, but I don't think you'd get anywhere.

our friends in the media are now wall to wall covering the proposed flounce out and its repercussions. They are very much enjoying detailing Everton, a club in crisis. Of course, none of these headlines would exist if the flounce hadn't been on the cards, so well done those fans calling on the board to give them the best. Obv, half a billion isn't enough, it also has to be spent well. And if it's not spent well, well we're going to flounce out half way through a crucial game.. One more push and hopefully we'll be in the bottom three. I wonder will we all still be congratulating each other after we've booted Benitez, and appointed a humdrum manager who leads us to the trap door. The sheer folly of this is breathtaking. Undermining the. manager, whilst knowing that the alternatives will no doubt be Fat Frank Duncan Nuno or Mourinho,

Just out of curiosity Kev, if you want to protest the running of the club who do you protest against?
Gotta support them first.

competency i would imagine. Its clearly a mess from the top down and there has been zero interest to have some synchronicity throughout the club. The hope that all these expensive players would come together and win us trophies and take us up the league etc.

What a difference it would have been if you had some sort of idea from the get go of what everyone was doing, what players we were signing, where we were going season after season, so far it has been backwards.

If nothing else shows this, the summer we BOUGHT Peado, rooney, vlasic , klaasen at the same time, with no striker, no winger? and no back up for places other than martina, that is why fans are angry now. Because that is just one example of how bad this has become.

Imagine if we had spent that 200 million on young players for the squad, so we had back up to coleman, midfield options now, wingers before this summer, another striker to at least try and replace half of lukaku.

how many players of that summer alone remain and aren't / haven't been on the transfer list ever since? Keane and Pickford, i for one would ship the former one out of here as well.
Too right it was 2017 that effed everything up , if they didn't have a replacement for lukaku, they should of kept him. Failing to bring in a decent striker is why we are in this mess, also klassen wasn't just crap, he looked unfit. Had we signed zaha instead of lookman, we,d be in a better position. Silva wasn't the right appointment, had zero qualifications, the mess is really been caused by moshiri.

our friends in the media are now wall to wall covering the proposed flounce out and its repercussions. They are very much enjoying detailing Everton, a club in crisis. Of course, none of these headlines would exist if the flounce hadn't been on the cards, so well done those fans calling on the board to give them the best. Obv, half a billion isn't enough, it also has to be spent well. And if it's not spent well, well we're going to flounce out half way through a crucial game.. One more push and hopefully we'll be in the bottom three. I wonder will we all still be congratulating each other after we've booted Benitez, and appointed a humdrum manager who leads us to the trap door. The sheer folly of this is breathtaking. Undermining the. manager, whilst knowing that the alternatives will no doubt be Fat Frank filly Duncan Nuno or Mourinho,
Hopefully in the bottom 3 ?? Well we may well be there soon enough if the current situation carries on.

Good luck to all who take part tonight. You might get guff, hopefully you won't but there are a lot of blues all over the world supporting you.

Question, if nothing comes of this, is the plan to repeat the protests at home games until there's acceptable change?

Status
Not open for further replies.