27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no objection with frequent sack the board chants for the whole 90 minutes. That also allows fans to stay in their seats and get behind the team.

Points are essential.

But the alternative is that the club finally gets its act together.

None of this is about winning trophies really. It's about the club having direction for once. Perhaps the fans anger won't just lead to them bringing in random players in january and actually start to put a plan in place. Perhaps this anger will cause the board to get its act together and give people proper roles to do rather than everyone being involved in each others business.

This is what the fans want, what both of us want. We want someone signing the players and it be only their job, with some sort of plan in place rather than signing random people. We all want someone growing this club and running it.

Nothing will change personnel weise but maybe , shout about kenwright enough and moshiri will finally click that maybe he shouldn't be letting him do as much as he still does. Even if he stays sitting on his shares for a free season ticket

Anyone who thinks that the twerps or incompetents who run this club have not already got the message must be living in a dream world. The said twerps or incompetents are presumably not thick or they wouldn't have made their considerable fortunes elsewhere. The players have definitely got the message and maybe some don't care (unlikely) and others are incapable of doing anything about it. 3 points are important on Monday and Arsenal should not get any encouragement to cash in on our mess.

No one has any right. I just think we've accepted becoming a laughing stock so easily.

Personally I think all this discontent has appeared far too late. The damage has been done a long time ago.

For people like us we're stuck with it because we're already hooked. For the kids across the city at least they can support the other lot. 2 Evertonians in the class I teach out of 28. Same story in other year groups in the school. That's the price of failure.
Yep, but we'll always be better than that lot.

Until we start doing stuff like this at least..!

This idea is nonsense in my opinion. Massively counterproductive and will achieve nothing.

Was it not the fans who put the signs up saying f off moyes when we were in talks to take him on as manager?

Most fans have agreed with most appointments made by the owners and the sackings too. The owners have massively helped us with our long term target of a new stadium. We also have owners willing to spend whatever it takes but are held back by FFP. So if you want someone to blame then blame the rules? No?

It's crystal clear that the majority of our problems on the pitch have been due to injuries. There is a plan in place by the manager to improve this over the next few transfer windows.

This negative idea will do nothing but hurt the club and has no real substance. No new owners will want to join or be willing to spend what the current owners do. Everyone is always looking for someone to blame.

I'm not saying everything is perfect but I can see what the club is trying to do and I'm fine with it. Chasing the owners out or sacking the manager just seems massively kneejerk.

Of course we are disappointed not winning anything in 27 years but look at the table again. Super 6 in the top 7 places.

The rules are set up for this to be the case. The protests should be to the Premier league about FFP the rule created to keep the house in order.

This idea is nonsense in my opinion. Massively counterproductive and will achieve nothing.

Was it not the fans who put the signs up saying f off moyes when we were in talks to take him on as manager?

Most fans have agreed with most appointments made by the owners and the sackings too. The owners have massively helped us with our long term target of a new stadium. We also have owners willing to spend whatever it takes but are held back by FFP. So if you want someone to blame then blame the rules? No?

It's crystal clear that the majority of our problems on the pitch have been due to injuries. There is a plan in place by the manager to improve this over the next few transfer windows.

This negative idea will do nothing but hurt the club and has no real substance. No new owners will want to join or be willing to spend what the current owners do. Everyone is always looking for someone to blame.

I'm not saying everything is perfect but I can see what the club is trying to do and I'm fine with it. Chasing the owners out or sacking the manager just seems massively kneejerk.

Of course we are disappointed not winning anything in 27 years but look at the table again. Super 6 in the top 7 places.

The rules are set up for this to be the case. The protests should be to the Premier league about FFP the rule created to keep the house in order.
How can it hurt the club anymore than were we are now? Its a shambles, you know it, i know it and everyone else knows it.

Tell me one aspect of the club that you're happy with right now?
The youngsters coming through?
The players we have?
The style of football we play?
The character in dressing room?
The revenue and sponsorship deals?
The scouting system?
The direction the club is going?

How can it hurt the club anymore than were we are now? Its a shambles, you know it, i know it and everyone else knows it.

Tell me one aspect of the club that you're happy with right now?
The youngsters coming through?
The players we have?
The style of football we play?
The character in dressing room?
The revenue and sponsorship deals?
The scouting system?
The direction the club is going?
I wouldn't call it a shambles. If not for injuries to all our best players at key times I believe we would be in and around arsenal in their position and none of these things would be highlighted.

A couple of points like the youth system could be improved and also the philosophy should remain consistent but when your in the most competitive league in the world these things are easier said than done.

The narrative of calling things a shambles is one I can't get on board with. A shambles would be negative behaviour that could lead to the board selling up and putting Everton in a situation of no return.

This season was never going to be a strong one with the amount we spent and the injuries have been horrendous. I just take it for what it is and am happy to see what we can do next season after benitez has had a chance to spend. Making our home ground toxic is a positive for a visiting team so how in any way is that going to help us?

Because those that don’t want to protest won’t have a negative impact on the protest. Outside there’d be a group of anywhere between probably 300-2000 protestors that the media will focus on and everyone who doesn’t want to protest will have toddled off home. So, everyone there will be protesting.
Inside, there’ll still be upwards of 38,000 sat in their seats and the protest won’t have anywhere near the level of impact. The protestors will be out of sight of the cameras and to all intents and purposes it will just look like any other ground when a couple of hundred have nipped off for a slash or a pint sadly.
Outside the protesters are the majority in any coverage, inside they are clearly the minority. If you think the media are only interested in what goes on inside the ground then sadly I think you’re mistaken.
I applaud the fact that you are trying to organise something, but think it’s ill thought out and not the best approach to get optimum impact. To have real gravitas a protest needs to have the majority onside and personally I don’t think this has. That said, I don’t know what type of protest would.

Spot on this.

if 2 or 3 thousand people leave then the focus will be on the 33 / 34 thousand still in their seats, and it gives the impression, incorrectly, that it's a small minority who are unhappy with how the club is being run.

Great to see fans trying something, but this could easily be counter-productive, and I suspect some of the high-profile twitter folk know that, but feel they have to support it anyway, otherwise they'd be labelled as happy clapper board stooges.

Nice to see you're still around and OK btw @WilliamPerry ;). One day, I'll buy you a coffee at an away somewhere !

Spot on this.

if 2 or 3 thousand people leave then the focus will be on the 33 / 34 thousand still in their seats, and it gives the impression, incorrectly, that it's a small minority who are unhappy with how the club is being run.

Great to see fans trying something, but this could easily be counter-productive, and I suspect some of the high-profile twitter folk know that, but feel they have to support it anyway, otherwise they'd be labelled as happy clapper board stooges.

Nice to see you're still around and OK btw @WilliamPerry ;). One day, I'll buy you a coffee at an away somewhere !
Hope you are doing good mate

Spot on this.

At some point people have to do something. You cant say you don't support the board but then refuse to engage in anything meaningful.

There are an awful lot of happy clappers still around. I dont deny that, I've seen people clapping the team off after Watford. But people would rather be part of the few who tried and failed than the many who sat and sneered, and fair play to them.

Those who clapped Kenwright back in the day and acted like a superior type of fan look really pretty silly these days. You get crap on a loop if you tolerate crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.