2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can we convince someone like him to stay - what is he staying for? There is nothing to sell him on. Stay here son and waste your best years in a lower half team well below your ability, playing [Poor language removed] football with no support/chances and get hammered when you don’t score 25 a season.

Should we sell, should we keep, we’re not going to have a choice about selling the likes of DCL and Richie - they would be out of their minds to sign new contracts. We’ll have to sell or lose them for reduced fees or worse nothing when their contracts expire.

It’s a sad state of affairs. We’ve shown when we’ve sold the likes of gana and Lukaku it’s hard to sell a key player and replace with a cheaper player(s). Villa are seeing that losing Grealish.

We need to keep these good guys and move on the rest of the [Poor language removed] around them but we’ll be forced to do the opposite.

Couple of weeks away, minimum according to the press conference. Sounded like Benitez said he had two re-injuries(couldn’t be 100% sure cos of the accent). But would not be surprised in the slightest if we had mismanaged yet another injury.

Couple of weeks away, minimum according to the press conference. Sounded like Benitez said he had two re-injuries(couldn’t be 100% sure cos of the accent). But would not be surprised in the slightest if we had mismanaged yet another injury.
You're probably right. He's been 2 weeks away for 2 months with an unspecified injury.

Arsenal could very easily finish 4th this season and arsenal are a far bigger club than Everton
Of course my point was more one guaranteed to be in there and fighting for it. I think City or Chelsea will be interested also clubs from abroad. I don't even see him fitting Arsenal's style. Anyway I would absolutely not sell him next summer we sell Richy and rebuild DCL will go in the medium term, but can we afford to let him go right now and will he be at peak value having been out most of the first half of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.