Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to be real about where we are at as a club, all of our players should be for sale at their own price.

Richy, DCL, Godfrey, Digne and Pickford are the only ones that would have at least a respectable fee. The rest are either past it, gash, both or not worth much.

Richy or DCL would be the ones we could sell one of and use the money to re-invest over a number of players. 4x £10m players instead of 2x £20m players is what I’m referring to.

go south america or africa... scout, buy the next luis diaZ BEFORE he jumps to europe, (played about 3 years with junior in colombia... ) DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT buy any EPL journeymen , overpriced crap players.

gamble liltle with chances of big return, even everton fails to get a high valuable product the loses would be far less than the TOSUS, IWOBIS, SIGURDSONS .. just to name a few.

It'd be next summer if he left but I think there's a fair chance 2/3 are out of the door yes

I'd sell every single player in the squad before selling DCL

Plus needs to be more than 60 is far too little need to benpushing for 80/100 atleast

Moved this in here.

While DCL is a 'top' centre forward, he's no Henry, Cantona, Drogba, Shearer or anything close to world class.

I think we need to have an enormous cull of the squad. We'll lose Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Lonergan and Kenny in the summer.

Summer 2023 we also lose Rondon, Coleman, Townsend, Davies, Mina and Allan while Doucoure has an option for another year.

Then you add players like Digne, Holgate, Keane, Gomes, Iwobi and Gbamin to the list and theres potential to recycle a large % of the squad.

To do this we would need to navigate FFP and sales of DCL, Richarlison and Mina 'may' allow us to spend £300-500mil depending on how the deals are structured in/out.

Now, if we had an Overmars and a Ten Hag or Ruben Amorim, Marcelo Gallardo not to mention a Luis Enrique level manager then i would be excited about the prospect of a complete rebuild.

Under Benitez and Brands i dont think either has the acumen to sign multiple quality players for value or to sell players for decent fees.

DCL, Richarlison and Mina out for £180mil - £220mil and Id expect the club to take the money and reinvest.

We already need a new defence, new midfield and if we sold Richarlison/DCL we would need a new attack.

Aside from the young players making up some of the numbers in the 23 it would require 2/3 of a 23 man squad.

Moved this in here.

While DCL is a 'top' centre forward, he's no Henry, Cantona, Drogba, Shearer or anything close to world class.

I think we need to have an enormous cull of the squad. We'll lose Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Lonergan and Kenny in the summer.

Summer 2023 we also lose Rondon, Coleman, Townsend, Davies, Mina and Allan while Doucoure has an option for another year.

Then you add players like Digne, Holgate, Keane, Gomes, Iwobi and Gbamin to the list and theres potential to recycle a large % of the squad.

To do this we would need to navigate FFP and sales of DCL, Richarlison and Mina 'may' allow us to spend £300-500mil depending on how the deals are structured in/out.

Now, if we had an Overmars and a Ten Hag or Ruben Amorim, Marcelo Gallardo not to mention a Luis Enrique level manager then i would be excited about the prospect of a complete rebuild.

Under Benitez and Brands i dont think either has the acumen to sign multiple quality players for value or to sell players for decent fees.

DCL, Richarlison and Mina out for £180mil - £220mil and Id expect the club to take the money and reinvest.

We already need a new defence, new midfield and if we sold Richarlison/DCL we would need a new attack.

Aside from the young players making up some of the numbers in the 23 it would require 2/3 of a 23 man squad.
Yes but is a massive risk letting both go i think we can keep dcl , while rich will most likely leave. Unless we get a crqzy offer for him i would keep him, do agree on digne now would be a good option to sell him and make some money

go south america or africa... scout, buy the next luis diaZ BEFORE he jumps to europe, (played about 3 years with junior in colombia... ) DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT buy any EPL journeymen , overpriced crap players.

gamble liltle with chances of big return, even everton fails to get a high valuable product the loses would be far less than the TOSUS, IWOBIS, SIGURDSONS .. just to name a few.
We'd be better off if we just put in hard rules to never buy anyone over 23 or for more than 20m.

Yes but is a massive risk letting both go i think we can keep dcl , while rich will most likely leave. Unless we get a crqzy offer for him i would keep him, do agree on digne now would be a good option to sell him and make some money

I think Benitez will try and change most of the squad although I have limited faith in hin doing so to benefit us.

Moved this in here.

Palace have adopted the complete revamp of the squad approach and I think they look better for it (recent result’s notwithstanding).

Problem is if we sold dcl and richy in the same window then I’d be seriously concerned we’d get relegated as our recruitment is just absymal

Are there not work permit issues that make this really hard to do?
Otherwise I'd just grab anyone from the Brazilian street football scene and put em in, they may be crap at real football but so is the rest of our team, at least he would get a triple nutmeg in on VVD for us to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.