Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relegation is a strong possibility, if this kopite scumbag is left in charge of this club.
And the names to replace him aren’t filling me full of confidence either LOL !!!

1F3FD88A-808B-4E6B-8013-D9538BECDBA6.jpeg

Brentford was concerning because they were really poor, but then no Richarlison or DCL and Gray on the bench. Once everyone's fit we'll climb what is a weak league beyond the top few.

I expected a draw given our circumstances. We lost by the odd goal and were the better team, away from home that can happen. Brentford at home would have been a must win.

And the names to replace him aren’t filling me full of confidence either LOL !!!

View attachment 147382

This is seriously the worry, who comes in and does any better? NES already lost x in a row with a much better team.

Any manager taking our job will know they are only ever a few games from the sack with a seriously low starting point. They'll just see it as the Billy Ocean song 'When the going gets tough, you get a 8 figure payout'.

I think that's how it goes anyhow....

We need to be on full fighting mode because we are in a relegation battle.

Need to battle everything and grind out every game. Concede nowt, sneak draws and wins however ugly it may be. Need every point we can grab now.
Our experiment with pass out from the back slow buildup play has finally killed us. It took away our identity, silenced our crowd and has now delivered the final KO.

Some people are so complacent about this. Ask them to name 5 worse sides than us and they will probably mention at least 2 that beat us comfortably.
That's not the way to assess whether one side is worse than another or not. The more accurate method is to objectively assess a given sides likely performance over a 38-game season... because that's how relegation is achieved or avoided.

It doesn't matter that we lost to Brentford (for instance) in the grand scheme of things - I mean, yes it's definitely a fixture we should be targeting for getting three points and it's a setback that we lost to them - what matters is how likely are Brentford to better than us over 36 games against 18 common opponents. And the answer is "not very". The same stands true for Burnley, Norwich and Newcastle, at the VERY least.

Are we having a poor season: yes.
Is it showing signs of staying poor for the immediate future? Yes
Will things get better once Mina and DCL return? Yes.
Do we need to get rid of half a dozen wage thieves? Yes.
Do we need some new faces in the squad? Yes.
Pineapple on pizza? Yes.

I don’t. Our first 12-13 players are ok and probably top 7 material. Beyond that we barely have championship level players. Take six or seven players out and we are definitely a bottom of the table side. No manager would make a difference to that. The squad has no depth and no youngsters coming through. We are a house of cards.
I think with everyone fit and a competent manager, then around 10th to 12th place is our level.

That's not the way to assess whether one side is worse than another or not. The more accurate method is to objectively assess a given sides likely performance over a 38-game season... because that's how relegation is achieved or avoided.

It doesn't matter that we lost to Brentford (for instance) in the grand scheme of things - I mean, yes it's definitely a fixture we should be targeting for getting three points and it's a setback that we lost to them - what matters is how likely are Brentford to better than us over 36 games against 18 common opponents. And the answer is "not very". The same stands true for Burnley, Norwich and Newcastle, at the VERY least.

Are we having a poor season: yes.
Is it showing signs of staying poor for the immediate future? Yes
Will things get better once Mina and DCL return? Yes.
Do we need to get rid of half a dozen wage thieves? Yes.
Do we need some new faces in the squad? Yes.
Pineapple on pizza? Yes.

Is right la

Home:

Chance of win (or draw) Newcastle, Wolves, Leicester, Palace, Brentford, Brighton, Villa, Leeds
Vague chance of draw: United
No chance of anything: Chelsea, Arsenal (on current form, next game), Man City

8-1-3

So on average performance 4 wins 4 draws 4 losses

Away:

Win or draw: Palace, Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Southampton
Possible draw: Leicester, West Ham
Not a prayer: Chelsea, Arsenal, RS, Spurs

6-2-4

So on average performance 3-4-5

If we perform reasonably, and get over this mess 44 pts (which is likely about 14th).

But - the way it's going - we need to start to play some football

Status
Not open for further replies.