2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray put 2 crosses in that he could have tapped in if he was getting in there so can’t really say other people don’t provide things for him.
All depends on whether the manager is telling him to gamble and get in the box or whether the manager told him to at all costs make sure to cover the counter attack first. The young uns aren’t getting a look in (except Gordon) because they aren’t as defensively experienced as the plodders who keep getting game time.
When to gamble or not will come with time, I’m sure at the youth levels he wouldn’t have thought twice and would of been on the end of one of them. let’s not forget that if he’s out of position he leaves either a 33 year old right back who’s lost his speed or an out of form left back who is far better going forward than defending isolated, Gordon wants to play so he’s going to be safety first for a little bit longer.
Just how he’s going to get an assist with Rondon ambling about like a concrete slug is anybody’s guess

All depends on whether the manager is telling him to gamble and get in the box or whether the manager told him to at all costs make sure to cover the counter attack first. The young uns aren’t getting a look in (except Gordon) because they aren’t as defensively experienced as the plodders who keep getting game time.
When to gamble or not will come with time, I’m sure at the youth levels he wouldn’t have thought twice and would of been on the end of one of them. let’s not forget that if he’s out of position he leaves either a 33 year old right back who’s lost his speed or an out of form left back who is far better going forward than defending isolated, Gordon wants to play so he’s going to be safety first for a little bit longer.
Just how he’s going to get an assist with Rondon ambling about like a concrete slug is anybody’s guess
That’s a fair point but obviously the same has to apply to everyone in that case.

Watched the videos of the away end letting the team know how they feel. Understandably so of course but in those vids you can see Gordon is the last player to leave the pitch, Coleman has to get him to leave.

Feel bad for the lad as he's probably the least of our problems but will feel it a million times more than any of the other players.

Would absolutely love it if he scores as part of a positive result for us tonight. Can't see it like but that is top of my wish list

He was just the closest one though. Coleman did go over and get between the bloke and Gordon just like he put an arm round him and told him not to worry about the fans spouting on sunday but that wouldn't fit with the narrative so better to use that picture. I don't mean you have a narrative I mean putting it on twitter.

All the top managers allow players a great deal of freedom to enjoy their football and learn by doing... how it seems to me anyway. Benitez seems too controlling to me and will hammer square pegs into round holes ad infinitum, such as Digne who hasn't looked like he enjoys playing at all this season

Status
Not open for further replies.