2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Athletic article is revealing. The players are turning on him. They're in the process of seeing off yet another manager. Whilst Carlo was not detailed enough and too possession based, Rafael is too detailed and too direct.

There is something rotten at the core of this squad and they all need to be culled.
It’s not the managers, it’s the players. How many managers now 6 is it he goes. Don’t get me wrong he has been poor in handling the injuries, his subs have been weird. But the next manager comes in it will be same in 12 months. He will have a good start. Then it will go back to this. The players and people at the club are the problem!

The Athletic article is revealing. The players are turning on him. They're in the process of seeing off yet another manager. Whilst Carlo was not detailed enough and too possession based, Rafael is too detailed and too direct.

There is something rotten at the core of this squad and they all need to be culled.

I just do not buy this. A succession of international managers seen off by whom exactly??
Rubbish

To wonder who could possibly be his replacement is not a reason to keep him. Agreed the problems aren't just of his making but he has increasingly shown his ineptitude both tactically and with his inability to motivate the team. No way will allardyce be manager again.
We keep sacking managers and ignoring the actual problems, that’s insane and one of the main reasons we are in this mess.

There are heads that should be roiling long before we sack managers. And don’t get too comfortable with your belief that Allardyce won’t end up here again, I despise that man but money talks.

Good article by McNulty this.

He still is trying to defend Benitez though. The idea that Benitez isn't part of this is ludicrous. No one chanting sack the board wants Benitez to stay. The reason that is being chanted is largely due to the appointment of Benitez by the owner/board.

We keep sacking managers and ignoring the actual problems, that’s insane and one of the main reasons we are in this mess.

There are heads that should be roiling long before we sack managers. And don’t get too comfortable with your belief that Allardyce won’t end up here again, I despise that man but money talks.

LOL, mate, that is the weirdest thing I have heard on here in ages,

Players didn't turn on Carlo and he wasn't possession based either. He was organised, saw frailties, knew this squad couldn't play football or keep the ball, so set them up to attack in spots and areas that would be effective.

Rafael is a mess.

What you’ll see now from this waster is the tides changing. He knows the fans are starting to look at the board now (rightly so), but he’ll use this as an opportunity to divert attention away from his awful tactics.

Expect a lot of articles on the mess above him, now doubt fed by him to his journo mates.

He’s like a leech, sees an opportunity to bottom feed and will jump on it

It’s not the managers, it’s the players. How many managers now 6 is it he goes. Don’t get me wrong he has been poor in handling the injuries, his subs have been weird. But the next manager comes in it will be same in 12 months. He will have a good start. Then it will go back to this. The players and people at the club are the problem!
It's absolutely both. And the board. And the owner. And the DOF. And the rest of the coaching staff.

The only person I'm not blaming for this debacle of a season is Dominic Calvert Lewin

As i said there are other problems in the club, as in no one knows who's picking the manager or signing the players but that is still not a reason to keep the manager who is massively underperforming. Lets face it the only bloke that can be sacked is brands as kenwright still has a small share holding (i think) and moshiri isnt going to sack himself. One of the biggest mistakes we do keep on making with our new managers is keeping our backroom staff, any new manager must be allowed to bring in his own team and not have any personel forced on them. Allardyce is not coming back here definite.

He still is trying to defend Benitez though. The idea that Benitez isn't part of this is ludicrous. No one chanting sack the board wants Benitez to stay. The reason that is being chanted is largely due to the appointment of Benitez by the owner/board.

Exactly. We know whats happened over the years. The idea was to get the right man, put the breaks on, steady the ship, slowly progress. Was happening under Carlo.

Rafael isn't doing that. Can't excuse transfers or injuries for how we've been set up on the field.

He's hasn't even played an ultra defensive, boring, game yet either which is bizarre.

As i said there are other problems in the club, as in no one knows who's picking the manager or signing the players but that is still not a reason to keep the manager who is massively underperforming. Lets face it the only bloke that can be sacked is brands as kenwright still has a small share holding (i think) and moshiri isnt going to sack himself. One of the biggest mistakes we do keep on making with our new managers is keeping our backroom staff, any new manager must be allowed to bring in his own team and not have any personel forced on them. Allardyce is not coming back here definite.
He can remove him from any involvement in the club though.

He can sack DBB, Brands and bring in an entirely new leadership team with actual footballing experience and ideas

Nah he wont be here, he finally got relegated at West Brom. That "mystique" has gone now.

It could easily be someone else equally as stupid of an appointment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.