2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as Moshiri may be responsible for the progess on the stadium, he is equally as culpable tonight when our nearest and dearest are chanting the name of our manager.

Looks like Benitez is staying for the time being.

Whether that's to get a new boss lined up I dont know.

But anyone expecting decisions in the next few days or weeks will be wasting their time. And if in that period we get a morale boosting win, we could yet see a lot more time handed to the manager as the table is tight and a win will get us a leg up there.

I know that'll be a disappointment to those who have set their ambitions of installing the cone laying galloot in the dugout, but there it is.

AE4B68DA-DC2A-44E1-BD8E-305978723C90.jpeg

Yes, but not this manager. He is an integral part of the Toxicity The atmosphere around the place will never improve until he is gone. He really hasn’t got a clue how to deal with the modern game and, because of who he is, the paucity of his management will be multiplied by 10 in the eyes of a significant amount of our fans.

I think it is best for all concerned if he is gone quickly, it’s not so much tonight that has brought me to that conclusion, as bad as his team set up was and as bizarre as his subs were. It’s the fact that he does the same thing week after week and it just isn’t working.

And put who in the dugout?

Didn't see the 5-0 drubbing to Man City last year?

Carlo had the fortune of having a Calvert-Lewin as a striker, James slipping world class balls to Richarlison for a Derby victory and Mina available more often than not. Rafael has Rondon and Townsend...

I actually don't disagree with you to a large extent - I am just trying to point out that Rafael has had to deal with significantly larger headwinds than Carlo did.

I am incredibly frustrated with his inability to change things up, Carlo at least tinkered a number of times with formations etc...

Definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, I am just struggling to see how a managerial change (where we can't dangle the carrot of spending our way out of it to a manager who is brave enough to even think about taking this on) will actually stop this rot.
Carlo wasn't perfect but we were much harder to break down in big games and away than we are now. We are wide open because Benitez persists with the 4231/4411

Yup pretty much.

Even the ones defending him know that is the case but don't want to admit it.

Our mess is not Benitez's fault at all, everyone can see that, but he is not and never was the solution. That's not even a knock on his abilities, he is just not suited to what is being asked of him. If he was taking over when Koeman took charge lets say, with the basis of a good side, he may have done a decent job. This was not the job for him.

He'd have been as bad as Koeman was then. As much of a mess as the club is in general, why we are in a mess now is down to him and his refusal to change anything that isn't working with these players - whether that is zonal marking, the starting XI or Rondon or the rest.

Its his way or else, just as it was with Koeman. It isn't working, theres no sign of it working and no sign he is going to change things to reflect the capabilities of the players we have now.

Surely I am not the only one sick of hearing about injuries, and how we have to wait till the second half of the season?
We are missing Mina (consistently in and out of the team) and DCL out of the starting lineup. I know DCL is good but I didnt realise he is key to us keeping clean sheets and helping the midfield to pass and move.

What I will say is that this is likely as bad as it will get. Tonight was pretty much the precise nightmare scenario we feared was coming.

I struggle to see things getting much worse between the club and the fan base. Which doesn’t say a lot.

Whether things will get any better with Benitez in charge is really the question.

He can survive one night as poisonous as that - as long as it’s not followed immediately by more.

You joking? They’re laughing in the faces of every Everton fan almost every time they come on the pitch. Keane and Coleman have played more through balls to opposition strikers than our own this season. Do they ever look bothered by it? Do they ever do anything to improve? No, they just waddle back out for the next match completely inept at playing football and do it all again.

Coleman has been at a supposed top level institute for getting on 13 years now and he still can’t use his left foot or cross a ball. How can he not have learned how to improve his technique for either over 13 years?!!!

He’s having the fans off. He should turn down any more contract extensions, he’s just robbing the club blind.
When have you seen Keane, Digne or Coleman physically laughing and joking after conceding? Be absolutely honest because it’s never happened

Status
Not open for further replies.