2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Should have appointed a manager who the fans would at least back though when times got tough, at least the first time around.

An utterly mad appointment by the "carpetbagger" as you call him.

precisely

If you back a manager whose 'plan' isn't based in 2009, then you might have some leeway.

Pish poor playing a 2 in midfield tonight - no defence from me.

Made up seeing anger finally directed at Brands and Kenwright though.

Squad once again showing it is utter garbage with mentally weak players - dont even know where we go from here no manager mid season coming in will be good enough to sort this rag tag bunch out.
Ancelotti is an absolute genius to have got 59pts with this lot

You joking? They’re laughing in the faces of every Everton fan almost every time they come on the pitch.

Oh this is another one of them things that the Benitez Brigade has made up and convinced themselves is real, like Benitez having any ability or that Evertonians enjoyed watching us get battered 4-1 by the RS tonight.

It's like some sort of stockholm syndrome. He's proper Jim Jones'd you all.

Ancelotti obviously left and dropped us in it. Benitez had no money in the summer. Talking about Gylfi Sigurdsson appears a taboo subject - but that's one important player missing. Missing DCL also hasn't helped. Liverpool are very good at the moment and scoring a few goals against most teams

He should have kept James in my view if that was financially possible. Sacking him though would be stupid - it's not helped sacking other managers and his track record over his career is good - so better to stick with him, things will turn around

The fans can help the club most by supporting the team and manager....

Pish poor playing a 2 in midfield tonight - no defence from me.

Made up seeing anger finally directed at Brands and Kenwright though.

Squad once again showing it is utter garbage with mentally weak players - dont even know where we go from here no manager mid season coming in will be good enough to sort this rag tag bunch out.

Spot on.

We were completely overrun, and that’s on the manager.

I feel completely dejected, and want him gone. But this is a vicious circle, it keeps on happening. The only anomaly was Ancelotti because we saw a long term plan and backed him as fans, but he got off and back at square one stuck with these cowards.

We do say it's the players?? All the friggin time. But the managers set the players up, they take them in training day in, day out. They work on the tactics and tell the players what to do and where to be.

We literally were 4th in March mate and then Doucoure got injured. We were still in Europe with 4-6 more points last season that we should have got easy. Carlo Ancelotti should have made us a European side. In fact, his points total of 59 would get 7th in most of the Premier League seasons.

The squad is crap, yes, but they are being managed by a very, very bad manager.
The players get partially blamed it's always the manager. How many times have we been here now with ultimately the same set of players with some new faces here and there. I just think you're on the merry go round of thinking endless sackings will get us anywhere. We aren't Chelsea we don't have the draw for good managers unless they're looking an easy pay day til something better comes along (Carlo). What made us good in the past was sticking with our managers and giving them a chance. Once we knew we had money all that went out the window and ever since the fans have been baying for blood every time things go wrong. We sack - it works out for a while - we end up back in this position. It's not working, time to try something different.

Who are we getting if we sack Benitez tomorrow? It'll be Dunc til end of the season and if that happens I think we'll be in a real relegation fight. The players aren't playing cuz they know the fans will be on Benitez back quicker than other managers, complete gang of you know whats

as others have said if results continue he will go. Does need time is no quick fix with this awful team,
I don't think he is a great manager, but I'll throw a few things:

1. Was given 1.7m to spend in the Summer
2. Has had our 20+ goal scorer out for most of the season, plus our best CB and best CM for large chunks
3. Inherited one of the worst squads in the league
4. He doesn't miss kick the ball, Coleman does.

Now, what I don't like from him:

1. Not backing youth
2. Inflexible system - it is not working, where is plan B or C
3. Uninspiring on the touchline - so passive

Overall, do we sack another manager and the replacement has to contend with the first four points above? What changes. The joint needs some form of stability.

It's all a mess, and Rafael has to be blamed for a big part of it, but his cards have been dealt incredibly poorly.
he is fully to blame for the poor defending from me set pieces terrible. I cant see him staying if we get beat monday now will loose all the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.