2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not my hero, and neither will he be gone this side of the new year.

I think youlve got this all wrong. You and the others who are stampeding to get him sacked. You've let fury get in the way of rational analysis.

The owner has handed Benitez nothing. He's been here 5 months. That's not a scenario we'll see a sacking in.

Koeman and Silva - all handed massive cash, all handed time. Benitez will in all likelihood be no different...or at least some cash and take it through to the summer and then appraise it.
You've backed him and made excuses for months. This just looks like a U-turn.

I think manager after manager has worked on many things in training but they don’t translate to match days. Multiple managers have said it. What they see in training isn’t what they see on the pitch.

I could honestly take arguments about Benitez not being very good, I could, if they weren’t absolutely futile against a backdrop of 4 other managers failing in exactly the same way. They can’t all be wrong. Not one of them has got it right apart from about 7 games under Ancelotti. I actually think Ancelotti worked tactical miracles at times to get us any points. The amount of games we came away from saying ‘Ancelotti won us that’ was enormous. Even then he couldn’t keep it up though and his team by the end was night and day from now they were playing when he first picked it up. Same as with Solva, same as with Koeman, same as with Allardyce. It’s just happened a lot quicker here. This team is now nowhere near the one that came back against Southampton and Burnley and Brighton.

This is not normal. Other teams don’t behave like this, especially not for multiple managers. I honestly can’t give you a single name that I’d be confident could get anything from them for longer than a run of a few games. Even take your Mourinho Conte Simeone etc. I think they’re some of the best managers in the game, I don’t think they’d last 12 months with us. There’d be a slight uplift at first, enough to convince them that some players might have a future, then the massive collective slacking off happens again and the manager is fired again. What is worrying is that after Ancelotti and Benitez we’re unlikely to get anyone even if that tier anymore. We’d be taking a complete punt on someone and these players will be rubbing their hands knowing that when it turns to rubbish, which they’ll ensure it will, Moshiri will have even less hesitation firing an unknown than he did Benitez.

It’s a horrible state of affairs, and honestly whether people are for Benitez going or think it won’t change anything, the club is rotten to the core. It wouldn’t even surprise me if Benitez walked. Moshiri is a complete clown, Brands and DBB are incompetent and useless, the staff at the club are about twenty years behind the rest in the prem, and the lying squad are a mutinous gang of utter cowards all just looking for their next contract.

Honestly I think we’d be left with hoping for a sentimental punt. That someone like Moyes would want us in any state, or that an ex player would take us on for their first managerial job. Anyone serious about enhancing their career though won’t be touching this rotting corpse with a barge pole.
I agree.

There is a poison throughout the squad, it's a mish mash of misfits.

There's never once been any cohesive signings. Persisted with Coleman as our only RB despite being 2/3 years out of date. Loaned out Nkoukou with only Digne as a LB.

Jonjoe Kenny still plays for us, why?
Tom Davies still plays for us, why?
Michael Keane still plays for us, why?

Iwobi I think is our worst signing in history in terms of cost and performance.

We haven't been able to build a half decent team with £500m and 5 years of transfers

We were lucky to get gray and Townsend this year. Without them where would we be now?

Really tired of this squad. People need to be moved on and told they don't have a future here.

Coaching staff and players

Status
Not open for further replies.