2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez is a very poor manager in 2021. Today we had three first teamers out. Brentford had four.

He is as big a problem as any when it comes to what we are seeing played out on the pitch. No manager should survive 1 win in 10. I'm sorry, not without coming under significant pressure.

I agree that the club needs stability but what's the point in attempting that with someone who was always the wrong pick?
I just don't think he is even close to being removed.
Maybe if all the players are back and the poor results continue but I think he will be given a lot of time and a couple of transfer windows at least.

I believe everyone knew our squad is limited and allowances are made for that.

I just don't think he is even close to being removed.
Maybe if all the players are back and the poor results continue but I think he will be given a lot of time and a couple of transfer windows at least.

I believe everyone knew our squad is limited and allowances are made for that.

We'll see. The board and club needs an overhaul. For me though that isn't mutually exclusive to Benitez, he's poor.

Today he genuinely said 'the fans can't complain'.

Last week he said 'wait until the 2nd half of the season'.

Yes and he should have anticipated what would come with that decision. If he had in his head he’d fire him at the first sign of fan discontent then he truly is an utter imbecile.
But can he afford not to if we don't start getting results fast? It's why it was a bad appointment from the start

If true then we really are in a sad sad state of affairs. If you’re going to take the decision to hire Benitez, with the state the squad was in, and the money we had available, someone on the board surely should have anticipated that there’d be a moment it wouldn’t be going well and the fans would be irate. If they don’t hold their nerve now we honestly will look like the complete and utter basket case we are.
Benitez has to be given another 12 months at the absolute minimum. Everton certainly have problems, but Benitez isn't one of them. He's had no money to spend, and no luck with injuries.

I don’t blame the mess on him, but he didn’t help himself today and the fans are turning on him quickly. Needs to pull a few results out the bag in the next 5 games and make a few signings in Jan. Unfortunately, if he fails to win any of the next 5, he will be gone. These cowards will have seen off another manager.

Issue is, (and I don't think it is true), but issue is mate that what Benitez was supposed to bring, he hasn't brought.

You can dig out Keane and Coleman fairly so but he will choose to play both of them even when we have a fully fit squad. He loves them both (and in Coleman's case we have no other option I know).

We are dreadful at the back, the issues have been there all season. It's like he's entirely reliant on Mina. Well we know Mina's record isn't great so that's not good enough - so coach!

What are they working on in training? Because it's not attacking. And don't get me started on his subs.

He's a poor, poor, poor manager mate. And has been for several years. He is loved at Newcastle not because of what he did as a manager, but because he stood up and called out Ashley. That's it.

I think manager after manager has worked on many things in training but they don’t translate to match days. Multiple managers have said it. What they see in training isn’t what they see on the pitch.

I could honestly take arguments about Benitez not being very good, I could, if they weren’t absolutely futile against a backdrop of 4 other managers failing in exactly the same way. They can’t all be wrong. Not one of them has got it right apart from about 7 games under Ancelotti. I actually think Ancelotti worked tactical miracles at times to get us any points. The amount of games we came away from saying ‘Ancelotti won us that’ was enormous. Even then he couldn’t keep it up though and his team by the end was night and day from now they were playing when he first picked it up. Same as with Solva, same as with Koeman, same as with Allardyce. It’s just happened a lot quicker here. This team is now nowhere near the one that came back against Southampton and Burnley and Brighton.

This is not normal. Other teams don’t behave like this, especially not for multiple managers. I honestly can’t give you a single name that I’d be confident could get anything from them for longer than a run of a few games. Even take your Mourinho Conte Simeone etc. I think they’re some of the best managers in the game, I don’t think they’d last 12 months with us. There’d be a slight uplift at first, enough to convince them that some players might have a future, then the massive collective slacking off happens again and the manager is fired again. What is worrying is that after Ancelotti and Benitez we’re unlikely to get anyone even if that tier anymore. We’d be taking a complete punt on someone and these players will be rubbing their hands knowing that when it turns to rubbish, which they’ll ensure it will, Moshiri will have even less hesitation firing an unknown than he did Benitez.

It’s a horrible state of affairs, and honestly whether people are for Benitez going or think it won’t change anything, the club is rotten to the core. It wouldn’t even surprise me if Benitez walked. Moshiri is a complete clown, Brands and DBB are incompetent and useless, the staff at the club are about twenty years behind the rest in the prem, and the lying squad are a mutinous gang of utter cowards all just looking for their next contract.

Honestly I think we’d be left with hoping for a sentimental punt. That someone like Moyes would want us in any state, or that an ex player would take us on for their first managerial job. Anyone serious about enhancing their career though won’t be touching this rotting corpse with a barge pole.

A game in which we created nothing despite having more of the ball than a terrible Brentford side. If only we had a player with a little bit of quality and creativity, I suppose Benitez is too stubborn for it to have crossed his mind that letting James go before the January window was a mistake. He drives our only creative player out of the club when he knows he can’t sign a replacement for months.
It was all in his master plan to sink this club! Well done Mr Moshiri in appointing this muppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.