2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think that is the case at all, certainly in relation to Benitez.

The last thing Everton need is more upheaval. Benitez inherited a paper thin squad, some very ordinary players and an injury crisis on top.
I think it was probably accepted when he took the job it would be a struggle and that is what has happened.

I do believe he will be given time and a chance to spend money before any decisions are made about his future.

I think the club will try at all costs not to have to make another change.

I certainly don't think he will be judged until he gets his injured players back.
Benitez is a very poor manager in 2021. Today we had three first teamers out. Brentford had four.

He is as big a problem as any when it comes to what we are seeing played out on the pitch. No manager should survive 1 win in 10. I'm sorry, not without coming under significant pressure.

I agree that the club needs stability but what's the point in attempting that with someone who was always the wrong pick?

We literally haven’t appointed a manager on the rise since Moyes. Every single one has been bombed out of their last club or had a history of being crap. Boggles my mind why we wouldn’t go for the likes of Potter, Frank and lads like that who are seemingly rising through their careers, if not then why not break the bank and go for quality proven older managers like Rangnick, Favre and them.

Ancelotti was the only decent appointment and he left as soon as he could and wasn’t really that arsed. We seem to mix the two examples above and go for crap like Koeman and Benitez who piss money up the wall when given a chance and are 10 years past their best. Even Silva could’ve had some promise if he was a better motivator, then again it’s largely the same players now and they’ve consistently shown themselves to be cowards.

It’s actually depressing to think that our most successful and enjoyable period in the last decade was under Martinez and that squad. I remember how awful McGeady, Naismith and Atsu were along with the likes of Distin and Jagielka in the end but my god each of them would start for us now quite handily compared to this lot. Mirallas and Deulofeu would look like world beaters compared to this side.

If I’d have known that was one of the last periods of sustained happiness and enjoyable football, albeit woeful defending, I’d have enjoyed it a lot more and savoured it.

What has this club become?

Its seriously depressing how closely Benitez resembles everything that our club has become. He's an utter dinosaur that's totally refuses to accept that he might be the problem. An outdated fool living on past glories just waiting for extinction all because he blindly refuses to adapt to the times and instead blames everything and everyone else for him being crap and point blank refuses to ever look inwards.

If true then we really are in a sad sad state of affairs. If you’re going to take the decision to hire Benitez, with the state the squad was in, and the money we had available, someone on the board surely should have anticipated that there’d be a moment it wouldn’t be going well and the fans would be irate. If they don’t hold their nerve now we honestly will look like the complete and utter basket case we are.

Also if he goes the likes of Keane and Coleman will be back congratulating everyone on a job well done seeing another manager out the door.

We literally haven’t appointed a manager on the rise since Moyes. Every single one has been bombed out of their last club or had a history of being crap. Boggles my mind why we wouldn’t go for the likes of Potter, Frank and lads like that who are seemingly rising through their careers, if not then why not break the bank and go for quality proven older managers like Rangnick, Favre and them.

Ancelotti was the only decent appointment and he left as soon as he could and wasn’t really that arsed. We seem to mix the two examples above and go for crap like Koeman and Benitez who piss money up the wall when given a chance and are 10 years past their best. Even Silva could’ve had some promise if he was a better motivator, then again it’s largely the same players now and they’ve consistently shown themselves to be cowards.

It’s actually depressing to think that our most successful and enjoyable period in the last decade was under Martinez and that squad. I remember how awful McGeady, Naismith and Atsu were along with the likes of Distin and Jagielka in the end but my god each of them would start for us now quite handily compared to this lot. Mirallas and Deulofeu would look like world beaters compared to this side.

If I’d have known that was one of the last periods of sustained happiness and enjoyable football, albeit woeful defending, I’d have enjoyed it a lot more and savoured it.

What has this club become?

Well Martinez was on the rise really. Was a crap appointment in the long run though it didn't have to be if he'd been less stubborn, he nearly had it.

If true then we really are in a sad sad state of affairs. If you’re going to take the decision to hire Benitez, with the state the squad was in, and the money we had available, someone on the board surely should have anticipated that there’d be a moment it wouldn’t be going well and the fans would be irate. If they don’t hold their nerve now we honestly will look like the complete and utter basket case we are.

Also if he goes the likes of Keane and Coleman will be back congratulating everyone on a job well done seeing another manager out the door.
Moshiri hired him

Issue is, (and I don't think it is true), but issue is mate that what Benitez was supposed to bring, he hasn't brought.

You can dig out Keane and Coleman fairly so but he will choose to play both of them even when we have a fully fit squad. He loves them both (and in Coleman's case we have no other option I know).

We are dreadful at the back, the issues have been there all season. It's like he's entirely reliant on Mina. Well we know Mina's record isn't great so that's not good enough - so coach!

What are they working on in training? Because it's not attacking. And don't get me started on his subs.

He's a poor, poor, poor manager mate. And has been for several years. He is loved at Newcastle not because of what he did as a manager, but because he stood up and called out Ashley. That's it.

We need a passionate Manager - the moral of the team showed today - it's been rock bottom, Indeed he inherited a poor squad his voice of Rondon & keepers both past the best ?

I always stated judge him after 12 games we are 7 points from the bottom three - his lack of substitutions today was staggering when we had them on the ropes ......
Stick with him - relegation on that showing is a strong possibility......

Benitez is a very poor manager in 2021. Today we had three first teamers out. Brentford had four.

He is as big a problem as any when it comes to what we are seeing played out on the pitch. No manager should survive 1 win in 10. I'm sorry, not without coming under significant pressure.

I agree that the club needs stability but what's the point in attempting that with someone who was always the wrong pick?

We’re making all managers look poor though. I’m not saying you’re wrong but I don’t think Benitez is that poor a manager. He took Newcastle out of the championship and had a terrible squad safe in mid table. Yes he’s not as good as he once might have been but he’s also not terrible. The same as Ancelotti, the same as Allardyce, the same as Silva. The only manager I actually think was a complete fraud was Koeman. The rest have all been decent managers. Ancelotti for me a rung above all the others but I wouldn’t say the others were terrible managers at all.

This club makes them look like terrible managers. These players make them look like terrible managers. Ancelotti had them in 2nd on Boxing Day. Some very good tactics and the fear that they’d be turfed out if they didn’t perform had us in a very good league position. Look at the drop off though they downed tools on one off the best managers we’ve had in the prem to such an extent we dropped like a stone. No wonder he ran out on us, he probably knew what absolute mutinous rats he had in the squad.

Fire Benitez whatever, I couldn’t care less really. This utopia some see though where a shiny new manager comes in, United the fan base, and suddenly has us playing great football, doesn’t exist. These players will ensure it doesn’t exist. They’ve not worked continuously for a single manager we’ve had. They have to be shipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.