Which Three Teams Will Be relegated in May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford (despite today’s result), Watford and Norwich. If DCL is back soon and a desperately needed creative player is brought in in January we’ll be ok. Fortunately there are plenty of average/poor teams in this league and the bookies don’t think we’re dropping either, odds currently 12/1.
We were at 40s at the start of the season, I'm guessing we'll be in single figures after the RS, Arsenal and Chelsea matches. Trajectory ain't great.

Newcastle's fate will be shaped - not decided - this week. Those two home fixtures are huge, they can't really afford to drop points in either match. The maths are ominous for them already, plus, as Fulham demonstrated a couple of times already you can't just chuck players at a relegation fight and hope for the best.

Norwich are enjoying a little run of form, but look properly short of the quality needed to overtake and stay in front of three other teams in this league.

Burnley on the positive, Cornet has that x-factor to turn close games into 3 points. However, their defence has fallen off their usual standard and Tarkowski being linked to Newcastle might be problematic. I see them finding ways to survive, although it won't be as comfortable as last season.

Watford could be anything, that defence looks problematic but going forward they can cause problems.

Leeds and Southampton will pick up points without ever being wholly convincing, both teams will circle above the real trouble, home form is key.

One team always gets drawn in who are completely ill-equipped mentally to handle the pressure that comes with the fight. Enter Everton. We will provide the role Wolves did last season, crippled by injuries and overly hindered by a negative, restrictive coach we will frequently look woeful while somehow remaining a game and a half minimum in front of the drop zone.

Newcastle, Norwich and Watford go for me. Burnley safe with a week to spare.

Everton 13th.

Praying for DCL to fix this mess is a big ask!

It’ll take him a quite a while to regain match fitness after such a long layoff.

I’m trying to be positive and hope that we’ll avoid the drop, which would be catastrophic for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.