2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t that long ago that a lot of you wanted Ancelotti out as well. In fact I’m sure a few were mentioning Benitez as the ‘type’ of manager we should have got instead. Now he probably looks like a genius in comparison.

I’m sure there’s a manager out there though who will finally teach Coleman how to cross a ball, and Keane how to jump, Iwobi how to do anything. I’m sure he’s out there, let’s just spin the wheel again until we get him.

I’ll settle on a manager who doesn’t give Rondon 90 minutes and work from there

The last time we panicked and brought whoever in we set the club back years in a six month span. So no I would not do that again.
So you are fine with relegation, which you as an American have no concept or understanding of the consquences of. No better than Lerner. thanks for clearing that up.

Most of the people who hated Ancelotti weirdly refuse to accept criticism of Benitez. I think football just isn't for them.

I backed Ancelotti until he screwed us because he had exactly the same problems Benitez has. Neither are terrible managers but people just look to blame the manager because they can’t accept that any fix is probably a painful rebuild. Ancelotti is now at Madrid and im sure they’re not calling him a dinosaur who doesn’t do any training and just tells players to ‘go and play’. I’m sure Benitez knows enough about football to coach a mid table premier elaghe side when he won la logs twice, won a CL, won a europa league with Chelsea, even got a terrible Newcastle side to tenth twice.

These two obviously know enough about football. It’s the players, I don’t know how many managers we need to get rid of before this hits home. Even Silva is doing well at Fulham now and I’ve got no doubt his Fulham team could beat this Everton one without DCL and Richarlison.

These players are complete and utter crap and have been for ages.

By the time we have lost to Liverpool, Arsenal, Palace, Chelsea and Leicester we could be in the relegation zone, let that sink in.... That would be a run of 1 win in 14 games and just 5 points from a possible 42!!! Worst form in the league bar none, sliding towards relegation.....

Ruddy Clueless - I stated I would give him 12 games - ok he has had injuries , but he has not used much youth - Sausage roll Rondon FGS -

1638118914858.png

Jesus tonight. If thats giving their everything, then will the last one here put the lights out please. We've got a car park full of analysts and their scientific teams up at Finch Farm covering Performance, Fitness, Nutrition, Stamina ....you name it. Looks like theyre clearly not fit for purpose either if the Manager reckons this is true.

Well them post match interviews are going to go down well and with a home derby coming up.

'In terms of effort and intensity you cannot complain'. Pretty much everyone including neutrals would disagree with you. It was another abject and gutless performance from the team and the Manager.

Always the sign of a dead man walking once they start making excuses and becoming defensive. Same happened before all the recent Managers got sacked.

So you are fine with relegation, which you as an American have no concept or understanding of the consquences of. No better than Lerner. thanks for clearing that up.
I don't think there is a manager who is going to come in on short notice and do anything different to what Benitez is doing. So we're either going down or we aren't. I just don't see a change mattering. Fwiw I don't think the Allardyce change really mattered either. He just got a bit luckier than Koeman.

So with that said if the idea is to hire a manager who is going to do things differently we really do need to hire a longer term option anyway. Any short term guy is going to be compact, play on the break, try to keep it tight and nick it and we already do that every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.