2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t that long ago that a lot of you wanted Ancelotti out as well. In fact I’m sure a few were mentioning Benitez as the ‘type’ of manager we should have got instead. Now he probably looks like a genius in comparison.

I’m sure there’s a manager out there though who will finally teach Coleman how to cross a ball, and Keane how to jump, Iwobi how to do anything. I’m sure he’s out there, let’s just spin the wheel again until we get him.
Most of the people who hated Ancelotti weirdly refuse to accept criticism of Benitez. I think football just isn't for them.

Let's get this right.

Moshiri isn't going to sack a manager in his first season at the sign of trouble - and not after being unable to hand him cash.

We'll be beaten by Liverpool and then we go again.

I really think anyone believing we'll see a managerial change are not living in the real world.
There's no way on earth Moshiri stands idly by as his half-billion investment slumps towards going out of the richest league in the world. Being in the Prem is literally the single most important thing when it comes to having any chance of getting a return on all the money he's put in. The cost of sacking Koeman vs cost of possible relegation was an easy calculation. If the losses continue, it will the math will be no different just because Rafael couldn't spend in summer.

The point I'm making is if you have a long term plan that keeps the club consistently in a good place you'll be avoiding relegation by default because you won't be bad enough for it to be a worry. You don't end up here if you are thinking long even sometimes. This position (we still aren't going down) is because we haven't had a plan for so long.

You've been telling us for over 2 years how great alex iwobi is.
Our cat knows more than you.

Why would you want to delay the inevitable? For us to plunge deep into a relegation fight? Because for every game he’s here that’s where we’re going

Because I don't think changing him would make a blind bit of difference at this point.

If I felt the board had a plan and had been working on a replacement for weeks, fine. But we all know they haven't.

So why get rid and panic into another appointment who'll have the same bunch of tossers to work with.

How can this man be in charge for the derby, the RS will be laughing their noggins off, I am embarrassed by what is happening at the moment. Where are the tactical changes, subs. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I think he’ll be gone after we get walloped by them lot. I don’t agree that he should be, but I think he will.

My concern - or one of many - is that we have to be, despite our name, history, etc, one of the least attractive prospects in the PL for any manager right now and so the applicants we’ll have to choose from will likely be dire.

There's no way on earth Moshiri stands idly by as his half-billion investment slumps towards going out of the richest league in the world. Being in the Prem is literally the single most important thing when it comes to having any chance of getting a return on all the money he's put in. The cost of sacking Koeman vs cost of possible relegation was an easy calculation. If the losses continue, it will the math will be no different just because Rafael couldn't spend in summer.
13 games into his tenure.

…I didn’t want him here but I thought he’d be a decent coach. Accepting injuries to key players, I’m mystified by how he’s setting the team up with a pedestrian striker spearheading a team that’s supposed to effectively counter attack.

There must be reason he selects Rondon, so I went through the basics;

Is his back to goal hold up play good? No

Does he trouble defenders running the channels or running behind them? No

Does he dominate CBs with his physicality? No

Is he aerially dominant? No

Does he link play effectively? No

Does he provide a goal threat? No

Does he possess real quality in possession? No

Is he creating chances for teammates? No

Does he fit the Benitez team model? No

At his press conference Benitez said he prefers Rondon over other options because he’s experienced. Amazed he didn’t even bring a youngster on for those last 20mins, I’d have really fancied them to get on them end of one of those crosses from Gray.

Benitez is accountable for this slide, it’s only a few posters who continue to absolve him of any blame & one of those can’t be treated as a serious Evertonian as he’s not bothered if we get relegated.

One of the posts of the day.

As I said I thought we were the better side today in which a toothless attack and crap ref cost us.

That pull on Rondon was a nailed on pen and Gray put in some beautiful crosses that DCL/Richarlison would have latched onto.

You can fume over games/performances like Wolves/Watford but today wasn't one of them imo that front 3 is barely Championship standard.
They are the standard of players you want to see at Everton tho. Since you would rather watch us in the lower leagues.

The fact is it’s Benitez sticking with them even when they fail to perform time after time. Can’t keep picking Rondon, iwobi and expect something different. He just doesn’t keep picking them tho after countless terrible displays. He continues to keep them on the pitch when everyone can see it isn’t working.

I didn’t want him at Everton he came I got behind him. I was of the opinion not to expect miracles and criticise him if we didn’t make Europe. I was happy as long as we had a decent season and finished around top 10. Looks like we are in a battle to survive at the moment tho.

The stubborn dinosaur punted out Hamez because he had a problem with him at Real. people got behind it saying Benitez likes players with work rate. We can’t afford luxury players give me a luxury player over Iwobi and Rondon who also have no work rate or football ability every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.