2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avoiding relegation is the first and foremost concern for every club. I accept your point that we should be doing more, but unfortunately we cannot afford to be more expansive in our thinking while staring relegation in the face, if thats what retaining Benitez brings us (which is what you are saying we should be doing)
The point I'm making is if you have a long term plan that keeps the club consistently in a good place you'll be avoiding relegation by default because you won't be bad enough for it to be a worry. You don't end up here if you are thinking long even sometimes. This position (we still aren't going down) is because we haven't had a plan for so long.

The point I'm making is if you have a long term plan that keeps the club consistently in a good place you'll be avoiding relegation by default because you won't be bad enough for it to be a worry. You don't end up here if you are thinking long even sometimes. This position (we still aren't going down) is because we haven't had a plan for so long.
You cant be certain we arent going down but are you saying when you think we are seriously in danger of going down (I accept I believe we are there now, and you dont think we are), then you would then get rid of him to bring whoever in just to see if we can survive?

The club is an absolute mess from top to bottom. Benitez is far from the only problem at the club but after a promising start, he’s done nothing to cover himself in glory.

His team selections, in game management and tactics have been disgraceful during this run. Today was exactly the same. Crying out for attacking substitutions for the last 30 mins. Brentford were awful and there for the taking today but Benitez persisted with the garbage he’d picked from the start (again).

He’s been dealt a bad hand, there’s no questioning that. But his stubbornness not to change his own poor decisions/tactics is unacceptable. He’s showing nothing to suggest he can come back from this and turn the form around.

Get rid now and get Dunc in charge for Wednesday night. Persisting with this is going to be an absolute car crash for the derby.

Wasn’t that long ago that a lot of you wanted Ancelotti out as well. In fact I’m sure a few were mentioning Benitez as the ‘type’ of manager we should have got instead. Now he probably looks like a genius in comparison.

I’m sure there’s a manager out there though who will finally teach Coleman how to cross a ball, and Keane how to jump, Iwobi how to do anything. I’m sure he’s out there, let’s just spin the wheel again until we get him.

You cant be certain we arent going down but are you saying when you think we are seriously in danger of going down (I accept I believe we are there now, and you dont think we are), then you would then get rid of him to bring whoever in just to see if we can survive?
The last time we panicked and brought whoever in we set the club back years in a six month span. So no I would not do that again.

That's genuinely worrying levels of delusion. I get he's trying to keep the players onside, but that's just outright lying about things.

He's right in what he says but that doesn't win you games. Even the Dutch Moonhead threw Niasse on after binning him off the previous year to save his own job for a bit longer.

It's about doing what's needed to get points. He didn't. He left that out

Status
Not open for further replies.