2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The season we appointed Allardyce many felt the threat of relegation was over-stated.

This season IS the season we need to be fighting, scrapping and grinding out results IMHO.

Nah we were down and out under Koeman - bottom 3, no fight whatsoever.

We weren't that today DCL and Richarlison would have won us that game with the deliveries in from Gray and we were robbed of a penalty against Spurs.

We'll still pick points up fans just need to hold their nerve otherwise its back to Alladyce.

If we're firing him it has to be for a long term replacement. Someone with a plan and vision who will be given ample time to fix it. The club has to be open about the longer term nature of it so the fans understand why we do things like go to Chelsea and get slaughtered while trying to play and get better.

None of this will happen so Benitez stays until we're prepared to do it.
No it doesn’t have to be a long term plan. we are at the point of bringing someone in to give us a boost and see if we can by luck or otherwise keep out of the relegation zone.

This isn’t US sports - relegation exists here and has extremely serious consequences for clubs.

…I didn’t want him here but I thought he’d be a decent coach. Accepting injuries to key players, I’m mystified by how he’s setting the team up with a pedestrian striker spearheading a team that’s supposed to effectively counter attack.

There must be reason he selects Rondon, so I went through the basics;

Is his back to goal hold up play good? No

Does he trouble defenders running the channels or running behind them? No

Does he dominate CBs with his physicality? No

Is he aerially dominant? No

Does he link play effectively? No

Does he provide a goal threat? No

Does he possess real quality in possession? No

Is he creating chances for teammates? No

Does he fit the Benitez team model? No

At his press conference Benitez said he prefers Rondon over other options because he’s experienced. Amazed he didn’t even bring a youngster on for those last 20mins, I’d have really fancied them to get on them end of one of those crosses from Gray.

Benitez is accountable for this slide, it’s only a few posters who continue to absolve him of any blame & one of those can’t be treated as a serious Evertonian as he’s not bothered if we get relegated.
He has to be accountable, he is given a wage equivalent to an elite manager, to work wonders and all I see is mediocrity.

Nah we were down and out under Koeman - bottom 3, no fight whatsoever.

We weren't that today DCL and Richarlison would have won us that game with the deliveries in from Gray and we were robbed of a penalty against Spurs.

We'll still pick points up fans just need to hold their nerve otherwise its back to Alladyce.
£7m a season

Can someone explain to me:

1: Why he didnt change the system?

2: Why he left 3 strikers on the bench?

3: Why rondon and iwobi lasted the match

Anyone?
I would like to add a fourth

4. Why can't we defend set pieces?

I'm not sure if throw-ins even count as set pieces, but Brentford had an uncontested header in our box from a throw in today. I don't even know how that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.