Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% and sadly some dont realise that the worst thing possible is being a mid table club because you have no ups and downs as a supporter which is the whole actual purpose of football!

Getting beat or winning Man City isn't and up or down - winning a title is an up, losing a cup final is a down, getting relegated is a down but winning a play off final is an up.

Rollarcoaster of emotions, days oot at wembley with the kids etc thats what football is about.

But sadly some believe us sitting 8th-14th every season existing only to pick up the TV money to pay Alex Iwobi's extortionate wages is worth it becuz we have top flight badge doh m8!

Unless you're winning stuff doesn't matter what league you're in - I'll support and follow us wherever we play.

We're a stagnant club atm and that aint changing anytime soon - death by a thousand cuts.

why do you type like that?

The only teams that get a “day out at Wembley” in the Championship are teams that go through the playoffs, would you rather do that than go up safely and comfortably as league winners?

Just an example of what are actual ups and downs in football.

Our fanbase is bi polar if we lose a game to Man City that stops us going from 11th to 10th - thats not a down its just being stagnate there is nothing to be elated or angry about at this club and there hasn't for near a decade now.

If we lose tomorrow and if Burnley win, we will be three points above the relegation places.

With the RS and Arsenal coming down the pike next.

Equally if we win and Burnley lose then we’re 9 points away….

If it’s March and we’re in the relegation places then fair enough, but people panicking because we’re 6 points above it in November is a bit much.

Our fanbase is bi polar if we lose a game to Man City that stops us going from 11th to 10th - thats not a down its just being stagnate there is nothing to be elated or angry about at this club and there hasn't for near a decade now.
giphy.gif

The only teams that get a “day out at Wembley” in the Championship are teams that go through the playoffs, would you rather do that than go up safely and comfortably as league winners?
Since the advent of the PL, statistics show that football has become more and more predictable. Football was exciting because of its less predictable outcomes. Wimbledon could win an FA Cup. Nottingham Forrest could become European Champions.

It is all far too predictable now and getting worst. FFP has baked the structure in. I think football has passed its zenith. The next generation are less interested and rightly so. Football is gradually strangling the life out of itself by restricting competition to an elite. The remaining clubs are gradually diminishing until one day they will wake up and realise how stagnated it has become and what they have lost. More European football will be the answer until that too turns into a stagnant parade behind Real Madrid.

Football is utterly rotten right now.

Since the advent of the PL, statistics show that football has become more and more predictable. Football was exciting because of its less predictable outcomes. Wimbledon could win an FA Cup. Nottingham Forrest could become European Champions.

It is all far too predictable now and getting worst. FFP has baked the structure in. I think football has passed its zenith. The next generation are less interested and rightly so. Football is gradually strangling the life out of itself by restricting competition to an elite. The remaining clubs are gradually diminishing until one day they will wake up and realise how stagnated it has become and what they have lost. More European football will be the answer until that too turns into a stagnant parade behind Real Madrid.

Football is utterly rotten right now.

You may get a Leicester freak result once every half a century or so but you're spot on as much as I dont like our board and blame them for the last 20 years of stagnation ultimately FFP/VAR are tools to ensure clubs like us stay in midtable bobbling around with no ups and downs forevermore.

People slate the Championship etc but every lower league fan I know (Villa, Burnley, QPR) all preferred their time in that league than they currently do/did in the PL for the above reasons on top of ticket pricing, sanitised matchday experience, cant celebrate a last minute winner thanks to VAR etc.

The top flight is finished for clubs like us if you want more than the joys of 3 points every now and again against a scab 6 side like its some trophy win - pray the ESL happens and the scum 6 leave with SKY/BT/BEIN and we can restore some balance.

Can’t believe this is a real thing that you’ve typed.

You may get a Leicester freak result once every half a century or so but you're spot on as much as I dont like our board and blame them for the last 20 years of stagnation ultimately FFP/VAR are tools to ensure clubs like us stay in midtable bobbling around with no ups and downs forevermore.

People slate the Championship etc but every lower league fan I know (Villa, Burnley, QPR) all preferred their time in that league than they currently do/did in the PL for the above reasons on top of ticket pricing, sanitised matchday experience, cant celebrate a last minute winner thanks to VAR etc.

The top flight is finished for clubs like us if you want more than the joys of 3 points every now and again against a scab 6 side like its some trophy win - pray the ESL happens and the scum 6 leave with SKY/BT/BEIN and we can restore some balance.

I’d recommend just following your local non-league team rather than hoping for Everton to get relegated if you’re after purity in football.

I’d recommend just following your local non-league team rather than hoping for Everton to get relegated if you’re after purity in football.

Im not hoping for anything - I just couldn't care less if we did get relegated as believe me we would have more entertainment and competition down there than the crap on show in this corrupt league.

Take the Spurs game - we're in a league where the referee can stop play whilst we have an open goal just to review a clear cut foul and then decide to not give the penalty and then on top of that - he gives the ball back to the scab 6 club!!!

You have Man Utd nearly a billion in debt - yet can throw £73 million on a bench player whilst we can not do that without getting a points deduction yet Man Utd get no punishment for trying to destroy football with the ESL Plans!!

The league is a farce, its scripted to claw in the TV money from Asia and the Americas.

Dont be angry anymore as its just not worth it. This aint competition its entertainment same as WWE.

I used to think he was a genuine blue and all. But between this and the Benitez love in. I'm sorry to say this @ForeverBlue92 but after reading your contributions to this thread, my kopite alert alarm is going off big time!

Equally if we win and Burnley lose then we’re 9 points away….

If it’s March and we’re in the relegation places then fair enough, but people panicking because we’re 6 points above it in November is a bit much.

But we might be only three points ahead of it by 4 o’ clock, Dom.

(the reality is it will probably be five points or seven as I don’t think Burnley will beat Spurs and we should take a point at Bees)

But with two “expected losses” to come in the next eight days there is zero room for complacency no matter what happens today.

The portents for a happy Christmas for Evertonians are not good.

And personally, I think it better to “panic” about possible relegation in November so as to address the problem whilst there is time rather than wait until being in the relegation places in March when it would almost certainly be too late.

It is a policy that served us well when Koeman and Silva had us in freefall in recent Novembers.

But…..it is getting near kick off time and as always with me, an irrational exuberance and flood of optimism engulfs me ?

So I am going with you on this and thinking the gap will be nine points.

COYBB :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.