2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoring who the author is theirs a lot of truth in this
Can't argue with that. Saying the players aren't reliable nails it I think.

I don't know what the answer is to the conundrum of underperforming gutless displays and general apathy from the squad.

I'd agree to change Benítez just because of the division and toxicity it is causing but make no mistake this goes beyond managers now and really poor recruitment is too blame.

One thing Moyes did was a character and personality due diligence which paid off in the most part, we've signed the biggest bunch of wet wipes i can ever remember recently.

That has been the trend in the past, Moshiri pulls the trigger when the team is in danger of relegation threat by Christmas. But, would it be the same for Benitez? I would say Benitez will make a point to Moshiri that he didn't have the same financial backing but managed to recruit cheap yet effective (not great but good) and the injury record. At least, that would be what I would point out if I was in danger of getting sacked.

And if we view it in a objective point of view (not the fact Benitez is ex-Red), those are fair points. And if Moshiri sacks him, what message does it send to potential candidates? It will deter away any young and hungry managers some of the fans hoped for.
It's not about Benitez being an ex-red, the bottom line for me (and I suspect Moshiri) is very simple and very black/white: if come the half way stage there is a real danger of the club going down, the manager is gone, no matter who it is. He paid a fortune to get Koeman, paid big wages, but the minute his investment was at risk, manager is gone. Benetiz isn't going to get special treatment because 15+ years ago he won some stuff or because he's had some injuries and no money, I doubt it would matter if Guardiola was in the hot seat; the bottom line is nothing is bigger or more important than Moshiri's half-billion quid asset staying in the richest league in the world. We're struggling FFP wise in the Prem, can you imagine the carnage if we go down, lose +80% tv income, the drop in all the sponsorship amounts we receive, all the outside investment opportunities for the new stadium walking away (let alone funding the thing going forward), and half the squad on Prem wages being quite happy to sit it out for a year unless they get full pay off. If we lose the next 2 games Moshiri will be having absolute nightmares for a month.

I don't know what the answer is to the conundrum of underperforming gutless displays and general apathy from the squad.

I'd agree to change Benítez just because of the division and toxicity it is causing but make no mistake this goes beyond managers now and really poor recruitment is too blame.

One thing Moyes did was a character and personality due diligence which paid off in the most part, we've signed the biggest bunch of wet wipes i can ever remember recently.
Great Post, with you all the way ;)

Only way he gets sacked this season is if we’re in the relegation zone after the next 6 games. This is the first really tough run we’ve faced. For what it’s worth I don’t think he should go. I didn’t want him initially but thanks to Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce and to a lesser extent Brands, he’s left with very little to work with. I really don’t see anyone in else coming in and doing any better with the players we’ve had out. He’s shown that with the first XI fit we’re half decent.

Sad fact of the matter is this will take years to fix. Need to do what Leicester have been doing, sell a player each year for huge money and reinvest well.

He fails at Newcastle and had no offers so topped his pension in a rubbish league. The guy is finished
I think is Nail on Head, what other clubs were banging on his door in the Summer Merry go Round of manager appointments, IIRC none?

Busted Flush IMO and not even taking into account "the connection" with that lot, a very poor appointment.

I think is Nail on Head, what other clubs were banging on his door in the Summer Merry go Round of manager appointments, IIRC none?

Busted Flush IMO and not even taking into account "the connection" with that lot, a very poor appointment.

Someone will probably come along soon mate and tell you that Benitez had a few clubs chasing him but he chose us. :hayee:

I hate the man but I have to agree with you. Him not being here would be a great start but everything has to change.
Also , wetwipes is a very just insult .

Only way he gets sacked this season is if we’re in the relegation zone after the next 6 games. This is the first really tough run we’ve faced. For what it’s worth I don’t think he should go. I didn’t want him initially but thanks to Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce and to a lesser extent Brands, he’s left with very little to work with. I really don’t see anyone in else coming in and doing any better with the players we’ve had out. He’s shown that with the first XI fit we’re half decent.

Sad fact of the matter is this will take years to fix. Need to do what Leicester have been doing, sell a player each year for huge money and reinvest well.

We should be looking at more Vlasic and Lookman 'type' signings.

Lowish fees, young, high upside and we can generate a profit on them.

Several young right backs have been linked now and today we (again) have the young Russian international attacking midfielder linked.

If we do have £35mil then we neee to reinvest it in three of these types in Jan.

Just add young quality on top of what we have now. In two summers we could have 6 top class youngsters.

Things can change very quickly.

I keep seeing the shout “wait till he’s got all the injuries back, then we will start winning”. It’s repeatedly said like it’s a foregone conclusion. What if this doesn’t happen? What if DCL breaks down again, Dacoure gets another injury or Mina gets injured again (quite probable). This is why the injuries now should be compensated for and the team coached to perform better than they are.
We can’t keep saying “wait for the second half of the season” or “wait till the players are back”. This league takes no prisoners and the next run of fixtures are horrendous, Benitez needs to find a solution and quickly before we find ourselves in a relegation battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.