2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the time, nor the crayons to explain a perfectly constructed post to you.

Theres a certain 'type' of poster who supports Benitez...

As long as they don't post in the delusional, arrogant, condescending manner you do.

Can't wait for your next list of random u21 players you've never watched before.

But yeah, carry on patronising other posters you total melt.

Benitez has already said that 8th place would be a failure. I presume he would blame himself. Don't think he would be celebrating 7th.
What evidence is there to show he would blame himself though? Yeah, 8th would be a failure in his words, but he won't blame himself or his tactics. He will go on about injuries and not being backed with money. If he isn't backed in January, I expect he will start turning blame onto the board. Its what he has previous for.

Oh. So you want to sack a 1 win in 9 matches manager with the last win in Sep for another 1 win in 9 matches manager who's last win in Sep including matches where they could not beat the second last team, Newcastle and bottom placed team, Norwich? Sound strategy. How many seasons is your FM save currently at?

Zat lusts for anyone deemed "young and progressive" even if they are bang average.

Potter struggles with pressure from Brighton fans imagine him going on a 1 in 9 run here ffs lol

I see it's the players faults, the same ones who got 57 points last season, that we are closer to the bottom 3 than we are the top 4
Are you honestly saying you are happy with these performances, that were being given to us long before Benitez turned up? I get people don't want him and why but how many times should we come away from games thinking the players haven't left it all on the pitch.

So yes the players have to take the blame as well, they are the ones who cross the white lines onto the pitch; they have to then show something and a lot of times they are defeated before a ball is kicked.

The players have far far far too many games where they simply don't show up, show any heart, desire, hunger, passion whatever you want to call it, I for one am sick of it and that's before I even start at the manager.

100%.

And I'm pretty sure it's what we'll do as a whole for the game. He's not Marco Silva or Martinez where regardless of personnel they'll play the same way.

The point really is that some will find that unacceptable.
I would happily us go defensive if it means we get some points on the board. Ancelotti went defensive when he was struggling with injuries and ground out some results. Yeah, some games we lost, but he set up to try not to concede and build from there.

I don't mind defensive football when it's required. Moyes was primarily defensive for 10 years, ancelotti went defensive when it was required.

Allardyce was always defensive, his issue was he never tried to build on it, we went several games without shooting, I also don't think we needed his style of football at that time.

Ultimately, we need to get points on the board. We have looked shambolic with one defender missing because we have continued trying to play the kick and rush which doesn't work with players like rondon etc. I hope he changes it and hope he buys himself some time with a result.

We have injuries, but brentford are missing 7 first teamers as well apparently. We should be looking to take all 3 points, even in a scrappy, defensive game where we nick it.

My 4 managerial choices to replace Ancelotti were Ten Hag, Amorim, Gallardo and Potter.

Thats based around their ability to build teams and play attractive successful attacking football and be greater than the sum of their parts.

What other managers who are 'up and coming' would you throw in the hat to replace Benitez?

I don't think we'd get anybody 'up and coming' atm mate tbf, definitely not in the middle of the season.

I wanted Galtier in the summer. He's not young but he gets his teams playing fast football but actually has them defensively solid too - Lille were brilliant defensively last season and his Nice team currently have the best defence in Ligue 1.

100%.

And I'm pretty sure it's what we'll do as a whole for the game. He's not Marco Silva or Martinez where regardless of personnel they'll play the same way.

The point really is that some will find that unacceptable.
See though mate, I hoped he wasn't that but in the four games Doucoure has been out he has played in exactly the same way as he did before that. Whether that's how we stay in our shape and don't press, whether that's trying to counter without Doucoure's legs in midfield to carry the ball and hassle defenders, or just not changing shape in the 4231/4411 mess.

So ultimately he's proving that he is just as stubborn, or incapable, as them.

I have no faith that he'll play a three-man midfield. Even if Doucoure's back and Allan's fit I reckon he'll go with them two in there

I would happily us go defensive if it means we get some points on the board. Ancelotti went defensive when he was struggling with injuries and ground out some results. Yeah, some games we lost, but he set up to try not to concede and build from there.

I don't mind defensive football when it's required. Moyes was primarily defensive for 10 years, ancelotti went defensive when it was required.

Allardyce was always defensive, his issue was he never tried to build on it, we went several games without shooting, I also don't think we needed his style of football at that time.

Ultimately, we need to get points on the board. We have looked shambolic with one defender missing because we have continued trying to play the kick and rush which doesn't work with players like rondon etc. I hope he changes it and hope he buys himself some time with a result.

We have injuries, but brentford are missing 7 first teamers as well apparently. We should be looking to take all 3 points, even in a scrappy, defensive game where we nick it.

Brentford atm have 7 first teamers listed as out or possibly out, yes. Three of them are definitely out, four were doubtful - that'll be updated after Frank's had his presser, I'm not sure if that's today or if he did it yesterday.

Too sensible that. The "keepers of the flame" will hate you for it.
Aye, they tend to be a militant bunch.

1637917433454.png

1637917376986.png

Status
Not open for further replies.