2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a compariosn because the initial point made by Keneda blue was challenging the comparison made by nsno chris about Liverpool's injury situation last season.

Hey ho, in any case you highlightred their CB situation and even there they were able to put Fabinho at CB and go out and buy and loan two other CBs.

That's not something we can or will do.
That may be the case, but it wasn't me who made the comparison. I pointed out their misinformation. How is that me comparing anything?

Even then they were able to play a midfielder in defence? Yeah, if we had a defensive injury crisis, we could put players from other positions there. So what? What's that got to do with anything? They also played Henderson in defence. Both him and fabinho also picked up injuries last season funnily enough.

And why couldn't we loan someone? Or buy someone? Their cb purchase was hardly breaking the bank, cost them 1.6m. I thought the whole point of getting rid of james was to create funds? Is that not true?

That's a blatant lie and revisionism pal. Just Google their injuries from last year.

Even just to start with the cbs they had vvd, Gomez, and matip all injured at the same time and that was their 3 main CBs. Plenty of others as well. Like I say, Google it.

They still dominated games and couldn't score. The longer it went on, it wasn't a CB problem but a scoring one.

But only a genuine RS would say they had a "crisis" to excuse a title defence.

Out of them who would actually be interested.

It's like naming players and saying why don't we go for these, it's not as simple as that.

The question was asked who was out there to take the job. I answered. Did you miss the bit about not advocating for them etc?

It's not the same either as they are out of work, makes things a little bit different.

Let's just not continue this fallacy that there is "nobody available" There is always somebody.

They still dominated games and couldn't score. The longer it went on, it wasn't a CB problem but a scoring one.

But only a genuine RS would say they had a "crisis" to excuse a title defence.
I've not said they had a crisis, its interesting how we have 6 injuries and its a "crisis" though. Its all perception really. I don't think we have a crisis either by the way.

That may be the case, but it wasn't me who made the comparison. I pointed out their misinformation. How is that me comparing anything?

Even then they were able to play a midfielder in defence? Yeah, if we had a defensive injury crisis, we could put players from other positions there. So what? What's that got to do with anything? They also played Henderson in defence. Both him and fabinho also picked up injuries last season funnily enough.

And why couldn't we loan someone? Or buy someone? Their cb purchase was hardly breaking the bank, cost them 1.6m. I thought the whole point of getting rid of james was to create funds? Is that not true?

The initial mistake was made by you then, as you jumped in on a series of posts and responses that was comparing the two scenarios.

As for their CB crisis: Fabinho was bought by Klopp to slot in and start at CB. That's documented. The first few months at the club was him training to be VVD's partner.

So, they had Fabinho, a combination of either VVD/Matip/Gomez and Rhys Williams in the first half of the season, then loaned Schalke's CB, Oblak, and bought Phillips for the second half of the season to join Williams and Fabinho.

Some CB crisis that was. I wish we could get one like it.

Are you shocked that expectations have moved on in 20 years due to Moyes and other managers having us getting into European competition?

Or are we all supposed to disregard the last 20 years and go back to being happy to survive another season in the league? That seems to be what all these Benitez supporters are pushing for.

But we've been a mid table club for years?

2016 - 11th
2017 - 11th
2018 - 7th
2019 - 8th
2020 - 12th
2021 - 10th

We're currently sitting at 11th. Our median finish over that period is 10.5.

As I said earlier, it's obvious what's about to happen:

• Many of our better players will likely leave over the next 3 seasons.
  • The job is to stay in the Premier League.
  • Once BMD is complete, we'd effectively have a clean slate from which to build from FFP wise.

Bears posting again....

First 12 games of the season. All pink squares denoting absences due to fitness or suspension.....all pink squares with red crosses denote injury:

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 15.45.25.png

That's what a sustained injury crisis looks like.

The initial mistake was made by you then, as you jumped in on a series of posts and responses that was comparing the two scenarios.

As for their CB crisis: Fabinho was bought by Klopp to slot in and start at CB. That's documented. The first few months at the club was him training to be VVD's partner.

So, they had Fabinho, a combination of either VVD/Matip/Gomez and Rhys Williams in the first half of the season, then loaned Schalke's CB, Oblak, and bought Phillips for the second half of the season to join Williams and Fabinho.

Some CB crisis that was. I wish we could get one like it.
So someone else is comparing something. I make no comment about comparisons and correct a statement that doesn't reflect on their comparison, just corrects a statement. And that somehow counts as my mistake that you didn't read my post properly? Your logic is incredibly flawed.

So they had to use a youth player, and midfielders to fill their defence for periods of time. Maybe we could try using some youth. That's a great suggestion.

Also fabinho was signed as a midfielder. As widely reported if you have a quick Google. Klopp stated he was versatile but he was signed as a replacement for Can who is a midfielder. Fabinho played only 3 games as a CB in the year he signed for Liverpool if you look on transfermarkt and it wasn't until last season he started playing there.

Still waiting to find out why we couldn't loan any players this January having got rid of james to free up funding (as you stated yourself a few months ago)

But we've been a mid table club for years?

2016 - 11th
2017 - 11th
2018 - 7th
2019 - 8th
2020 - 12th
2021 - 10th

We're currently sitting at 11th. Our median finish over that period is 10.5.

As I said earlier, it's obvious what's about to happen:

• Many of our better players will likely leave over the next 3 seasons.
  • The job is to stay in the Premier League.
  • Once BMD is complete, we'd effectively have a clean slate from which to build from FFP wise.

We have "many better players" ??? Where are they??

I've not said they had a crisis, its interesting how we have 6 injuries and its a "crisis" though. Its all perception really. I don't think we have a crisis either by the way.
Centre half’s x 2
Centre midfielder’s x 4
Centre forward x 2

That’s the spine of our team, a team that isn’t very good, please agree this is an injury crisis.

If this isn’t what is?

Status
Not open for further replies.