New Everton Stadium Discussion

How did they get the boat/ dredger out of the dock ?

A hoist most likely. They are like 2 H frames, with massive slings, er, slung between them, on wheels. Drop the slings into the dock, boat moves so its above them, and slings are raised, taking boat out of the water, and the H frame thing drives to either a boat yard, or to lob it in another dock.

I see it quite often at our Marina; its just a matter of scale for what they need to lift.

Good to see the compacting work has started too.
20211123_175032.jpg

Having witnessed a similar task undertaken by a Dutch company filling in Alexander Dock in Hull for the Siemens factory I can believe that the dock could be filled within a week.
Something to do with the sand settling all around the basin under the surface. At the moment it gives the impression that it's all water. There's obviously water there but getting shallower by the day.

I have no idea about these sorts of things but wouldn't building a huge structure like a stadium on sand make the structure prone to sinking and structural issues? I mean I'm sure they've considered this stuff, I'm just curious

I have no idea about these sorts of things but wouldn't building a huge structure like a stadium on sand make the structure prone to sinking and structural issues? I mean I'm sure they've considered this stuff, I'm just curious
Well they have lots of buildings in Dubai on reclaimed land so I am sure it will be fine. The sinking feeling you will get is by watching the team play:oops: