Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its too early in the piece to say Dumfries has flopped, how many opportunities has he been given?

Its exactly the same as saying Leon Bailey is a flop for Villa as he has only made an impact in one game and has flopped?

Think they both need more time adjusting?

2 starts champions league + 2 sub
3 starts serie A + 7 sub.

He cant get past Darmian who has been average at best.

The media line out of Inter is that Dumfries is available for loan in Jan in the hope he (re?)captures some form and they can assess whether to try and sell in the summer.

In a technical and tactical league were seeing someone with limited technical ability flop.

As for Bailey, its important to see who hes been playing for and the system etc. The manager has just been binned off so we'll get to see how he does under the new chap.

Id say Bailey would have been ideal for us as were using pace on the counter, he should be playing off the right.

As @Simon Buttle stated, Diaby is also a cracking and dynamic player at Leverkusen but Id like us to move for Antony at Ajax.

Hes going to be superstar and we could even bring in Mazraoui on a free next summer to effectively take Ajax's right hand side.

We need to start signing an identity.

Reading Ashely williams comments about us , it got me thinking that the blueprint for every player we have brought in has been wrong.

We keep going for established players that in theory will take us to the next level, a combination of experience and peak performance. What we end up with over and over again is players in the decline. Gomes has never improved for us since he arrived to pick one out of the hat , even before his injury he never looked like he was at the same level as he was before.

We need to reset the club completely if we want a chance of success. We need 10-12 new players coming in with a few going out and that is dependant on our best players not realising they are wasting their careers here.

Until we start signing a blueprint, this is the best we are going to get.

True. We shouldn't be signing established names at this point as we aren't competing in Europe yet. What it means we get these established names who don't really want to play for Everton or don't often see Everton as a step up. We end up paying over the odds for them as well. Sometimes, we get good ones like Lucas Digne but for every Lucas Digne, we get a bunch of disinterested players.

The "blueprint" now as claimed by Benitez is the right mentality and the right attitude. But I think the idea is to get players who is excited to play for Everton. It is probably far from the blueprint we often associate with in modern football, like high pressing, possession football, etc. but I think at this moment, it's better that we go back to basics and sign players who we want and wants to play for Everton (rather than to have a big payday).

There are players in France, Spain and Italy who would be available on loan, younger players who would be far cheaper. It's Brands' job to identify them.

As regards Ramsey, if he doesn't get top Dollar, he will be of to the middle East or USA or somewhere that he can get what he wants.

I'm sure Barkley would be far less than 10 million as a loan package, but , I wouldn't have him as a gift.
Let’s face it we’ve paid over the odds since moshiri took over, for players whose best years are behind them. I really think buying youthful hungry players who want to improve is the way forward as opposed to the likes of Gomes, Walcott, Delph, Tosun etc. The sad thing is we don’t have an exactly great record of developing young players, which would hinder our chances of securing the best young talent. The treatment of Lookman being a prime example. Walcott came in for a significant transfer fee on huge wages and the lads pathway was blocked.

Even tho he hasn't set Crystal Palace on fire Olise is exactly the type of player we should be targetting. Cheap, young, was Championship Young POTY. I get funds are limited but we've needed a right sided player for about...honestly can't even think of the last good one we've had. And I don't count James as he basically went wherever he wanted.

"Ross and I have kept in touch ever since he moved to Chelsea. I have a high tech, ultra modern computer system which is at the forefront of modern technology.
This system has enabled me to highlight 'hidden gems' such as the unknown Townsend, Begovic, Lonergan and Rondon. Not to mention that I also kept in close contact with Gray when he moved to Leverkusen.

You say that, but the evidence shows that he's not upgraded from FIFA 16 yet

Even tho he hasn't set Crystal Palace on fire Olise is exactly the type of player we should be targetting. Cheap, young, was Championship Young POTY. I get funds are limited but we've needed a right sided player for about...honestly can't even think of the last good one we've had. And I don't count James as he basically went wherever he wanted.
Been injured.
Think he's done well when played.
@alanwhittle is the man who knows

We did well targeting good young players from the Championship in the past. Lescott and Cahill spring immediately to mind - Baines sort of as I think Wigan had just got in the PL when we signed him? Maybe in recent times clubs were quoting us crazy money because we have a rep for paying over the odds. Deffo need to smarten up our recruitment big time.

Been loosely linked with him a couple of times and mentioned briefly, but Harry Souttar looks to have suffered an ACL injury tonight in a World Cup qualifier

Been loosely linked with him a couple of times and mentioned briefly, but Harry Souttar looks to have suffered an ACL injury tonight in a World Cup qualifier
I didn’t know if he’s the answer but what we’ve witnessed this season, we definately need another centre half. Mina can’t be relied upon to stay fit and Keane, Holgate and Godfrey make too many mistakes.

You think we'd get £30m for Holgate, Kenny and Davies???? Kenny out of contract end of this season so going for free. I genuinely can't imagine any club in the land paying money for Davies, I don't think he gets into any teams midfield in the league. Holgate we could possibly shift but it won't be for as much as you're suggesting, closer to around £10m i'd think.

Southampton was linked with Davies for £20m this summer. Possibly not true but still I could see us getting something for him. Fair enough on Kenny but we would get something for Davies and Holgate.

Southampton was linked with Davies for £20m this summer. Possibly not true but still I could see us getting something for him. Fair enough on Kenny but we would get something for Davies and Holgate.
If someone offered £20million for Davies I’d faint. Then snap their hand off! Holgate I could see going for £10million or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.