Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team has better players than us, not difficult that tbh our entire squad is awful, we have about 3 decent players. the likes of Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Cristensen, Mendy, Kepa, Alonso, Rudiger, and of course Barkley are nothing special imo.

Mendy is nothing special?

I lost track of where Everton are financially and there seems to be a lot of players linked with Everton for the January window. Do we actually have any money we are allowed to spend?

I think he is the only keeper in this league who'd be a clear upgrade on Pickford TBH, one of the best buys in many years that (especially when put next to what they paid for Kepa).
Pickford is fine for what we need imo, my view has changed on him. What is in front of him has a huge impact on the goalkeeper and with us the 2 in front might as well not be there at times for all the use they are. The less said about Kepa the better.

Fixed it for you! My bad for the spelling mistake, kind of you to point it out although I`m not sure if that adds to your argument.

I think he will be good for this side but we can disagree because we live in a democracy.
I thought he got an assist the other week, anyway he did play a fantastic pre assist ball a few weeks ago. In his last full season at Everton in 30 league game he got 15 goals/assists combined. The season before 25 in 46 games.

None of our attacking midfielders/playmakers will get anywhere near them figures I’d imagine

Ones that start games??!! Nope, dont think so….Every one of them better than ours in their position.
He started agaisnt Burnley, with guys out with injuries, or coming back from injury, following a Champions League game.

Come on, he's nowhere near their first choice 11, and not in the side at all with everyone fit

If you are right in what you say about Benitez, and I suspect you may be, then Benitez is patently not the right man for the job. The boards aim now is to balance the books and drastically reduce the wage bill getting rid of high earners Like the Icelandic man and Tosun etc. Who are out of contract, is of no use if we sign more of the same, ageing highly paid mercenaries who will just take their place on the wage bill and offer us little or nothing more.

I don't think it is just a matter of footballs financial regulations now, I think that Moshiri has decided that the football side of the business has to finance itself now.

Time will tell, but, I think the days of Everton offering silly wages to players to get the in on a free have gone.
I think the plan should have been Brands picking the manager and with him overseeing the transfer strategy. And building something over 5yrs. But with Moshiri picking the mangers and 4/5 people involved in transfers. This what will happen, what we’ve got.

I could be wrong, but if it wasn’t for FFP I think Moshiri wouid still be spending. Benitez has said the owners are ambitious. It will be difficult for us to compete on the money we make, unless we sell Richarlison. DCL amd the likes over the next few seasons. and he wont want mid table/ bottom half finishes going into the new stadium.

Also we will still have to pay big wages to compete at the top, it’s just getting the balance right. A couple of years ago we hand a ridiculously oversized squad. We’ve stared to trim and that will continue. In an ideal world we have 15 very good squad players. Along with 6/7 youngsters. Some from
The academy, some bought to bulk out the squad.

I think the plan should have been Brands picking the manager and with him overseeing the transfer strategy. And building something over 5yrs. But with Moshiri picking the mangers and 4/5 people involved in transfers. This what will happen, what we’ve got.

I could be wrong, but if it wasn’t for FFP I think Moshiri wouid still be spending. Benitez has said the owners are ambitious. It will be difficult for us to compete on the money we make, unless we sell Richarlison. DCL amd the likes over the next few seasons. and he wont want mid table/ bottom half finishes going into the new stadium.

Also we will still have to pay big wages to compete at the top, it’s just getting the balance right. A couple of years ago we hand a ridiculously oversized squad. We’ve stared to trim and that will continue. In an ideal world we have 15 very good squad players. Along with 6/7 youngsters. Some from
The academy, some bought to bulk out the squad.
I agree with s lot of what you said there, however, i think Moshiri is perfectly happy with mid table until we move to Bramley Moore and sees Benitez as a steady Eddie who can keep us there while he balancez the books.

A relatively debt free Everton in a shiny new ground would make it far easier for Moshiri to sell and get his money back, from what has been, for him, a disastrous venture.

I agree with s lot of what you said there, however, i think Moshiri is perfectly happy with mid table until we move to Bramley Moore and sees Benitez as a steady Eddie who can keep us there while he balancez the books.

A relatively debt free Everton in a shiny new ground would make it far easier for Moshiri to sell and get his money back, from what has been, for him, a disastrous venture.
But Benitez may survive one season mid table. He won’t survive 2. And the board will come under pressure to. You could be right about him selling, but if wanted to make Everton better and to hopefully challenge, why would he sell, when things would start to improve from a financial point of view, once the ground is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.