New Everton Stadium Discussion

When I was a young teenager growing up in Kirkdale we always had run ins with the Nogga dogs and the Strand boys. Check your facts before you go running to the internet police you limp wristed liberal melt.

We lived on Breeze Hill just downfrom Stewie Road, but the council wanted to nuild a fly over and wirden the road. We were shipped out to Kirkby. Place is civilised now.

Hopefully we witness the building of some decent pubs, in and around the ground.

Walking down County and Walton Road on Sunday afternoon, was a deeply depressing experience.

The Queens abandoned and burnt out, The Salutation all boarded up, and a few others that I walked straight out of, without risking a pint.

Even Frost's had a group of RS customers attempting to watch the West Ham game, what the **** were they thinking?

Anyone who is not delusional, can now see that this area is in terminal decline.

Very sad indeed.
The Queens has been converted to shops had been on its arse for years mind, doubt The Salutation will ever open again as a pub, The Springfield is getting done up though on that stretch, likely wont open in time for this season though.

Hopefully what ever ends up on Goodison helps kick start regeneration.

That's interesting. You'll remember the debate about redeveloping Goodison and the argument was that the footprint wasn't big
enough to justify it, but I think it could've been done if they'd used some of the carpark.
Redeveloping and expanding the Park End (to include corporate boxes and other hospitality) and closing the gap between the Main Stand and the church by building over Goodison Place could have increased GP capacity to something approaching 50,000 without any issues surrounding footprint (and probably cost only 10-20% of the cost of BMD).

Redeveloping and expanding the Park End (to include corporate boxes and other hospitality) and closing the gap between the Main Stand and the church by building over Goodison Place could have increased GP capacity to something approaching 50,000 without any issues surrounding footprint (and probably cost only 10-20% of the cost of BMD).
This maybe true, however there's still an extremely high amount of obstructed views, access difficulty, general upgrading of the facilities. Etc.