2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche would be dreadful, surely we’ve got to aim higher than that.
No thats realistic for the mess Moshiri has made, Boro have beaten us to Chris Wilder and Newcastle to Howe so we have either a shot at Farke or Dean Smith or its poach a Dyche, Hasenhuttle or Gerrard, thats our short list, if you think we can do better why didnt we in the summer when it would of been easier?

No thats realistic for the mess Moshiri has made, Boro have beaten us to Chris Wilder and Newcastle to Howe so we have either a shot at Farke or Dean Smith or its poach a Dyche, Hasenhuttle or Gerrard, thats our short list, if you think we can do better why didnt we in the summer when it would of been easier?
We won't look outside of the PL that is why, it's always got to be someone with PL experience. If that is how the board the want to do it then fine but you limit your options in a massive way tbh. The most successful managers in recent years in the PL have tended to be guys who have come from abroad and they also are more the coach type rather than these old skool manager type that we seem to go for. I'm beyond caring these days anyway as nothing will ever change at Everton FC until there is some sort of root and branch clear out of the boardroom down to the coaching setup.

We won't look outside of the PL that is why, it's always got to be someone with PL experience. If that is how the board the want to do it then fine but you limit your options in a massive way tbh. The most successful managers in recent years in the PL have tended to be guys who have come from abroad and they also are more the coach type rather than these old skool manager type that we seem to go for. I'm beyond caring these days anyway as nothing will ever change at Everton FC until there is some sort of root and branch clear out of the boardroom down to the coaching setup.
Yeah, its why the short list is as i said, its pathetic, you could include Potter but that is just a punt and not really what we need

That he’s recognised he was wrong, changed things up in response to a crisis and it’s worked is a really good sign TBF.

I’d much rather that than managers doing the Principal Skinner thing and trying to insist that no, it’s the crowd that are wrong.
Yeah, he is obviously seeing the exact same problems as we can see, but unfortunatly he hasnnt got a deep squad to makes major changes

Yeah, its why the short list is as i said, its pathetic, you could include Potter but that is just a punt and not really what we need
Problem is with someone like Potter is that he would come straight in with a proper plan and due to the mess off field unless he is allowed to follow it through (highly unlikely given how many people seem to be involved in the decision making process) it would be a waste of time.

Hi mate, I get that you clearly don't rate Benitez and see him as the basic cheap option that we needed but what is about him exactly that you don't rate??

Seriously? People like me, I’m not allowed an opinion? Have you never looked at a player and thought he could do a job in a position that he wasn’t actually bought for. I can remember ian snoden being bought as a centre midfielder and ended up playing right back and played there very well too.
For what it’s worth (and I know it’s not a lot to you) you don’t throw a player who hasn’t played for two years straight into the team, surely you bring him gradually.

Laughing. Come off it.

So the manager was an idiot/worse than Allardyce for not putting in Gbamin when we were up against it with Watford but now, "you don't throw a player who hasn’t played for two years straight into the team". Make up your mind eh?

Hiding behind "I'm not allowed an opinion" is a bit of a kop out. Especially when quoting a post to the admin of a forum which is for exactly that, opinions, and a post which said exactly that;

Well, let's get it right here.

People on here, like you, were calling the manager clueless, not fit for the job and worse than Allardyce for not bringing another midfielder - Gbamin or Holgate - on prior to conceding 3 goals in 12 minutes against Watford.

By not bringing those on, the manager was hapless, a waste of space - his fault we collapsed against Watford.

Now you've noted Gbamin's 'display' against Wolves, and Holgate's heroics in midfield against Spurs.... I hope people, like you, reflect on your criticism. There's too many, too desperate to stick the knife in.

Sure, everyone has their own opinion and there's no certainties. Perhaps some would do well to remember that in future. Perhaps some would do well to acknowledge he has very little option from the bench.

So you're allowed an opinion mate.

Just as I am, mine.

My whole point after Watford was this;

Not sure Watford is one to blame the manager.

To concede 4 in last 12 minutes to Watford. Something bigger wrong there, and its not taking Gordon off for Richarlison, or Iwobi for Gray.

I've perhaps been Iwobi's greatest critic but fans putting it on him is agenda driven IMO. As is on Benitez. The team just folded;

^ Grim, no matter who the manager is.

For me, it's this that goes right through this character of this team.

Some absolutely slated Benitez after Watford with scathing criticism.

I asked what else he could have done.

Some continued to slate him, talking up Gbamin and Holgate as the obvious choices to criticise the manager. Gbamin. Holgate.

Come off it. Those two as the answers to prevent that collapse against Watford?

The same people are now criticising the manager for starting Gbamin against Wolves and putting Holgate in against Spurs.

Both are dire. Both aren't fit/in form. Both wouldn't have made any difference against Watford. That's my opinion. My opinion is also people know that but don't care as long as they can stick the knife in. Example. "Gbamin should have come on vs Watford" and then "Gbamin shouldn't have been put in at the deep end" and "Holgate should have come on" and "Why did he put Holgate on".

Problem is with someone like Potter is that he would come straight in with a proper plan and due to the mess off field unless he is allowed to follow it through (highly unlikely given how many people seem to be involved in the decision making process) it would be a waste of time.

My worry with Potter is that he’s in his 3rd season with Brighton now and he still has a keeper and centre half (and a full back) that are hopeless with the ball at their feet. He still expects them to play out from the back though.

My worry with Potter is that he’s in his 3rd season with Brighton now and he still has a keeper and centre half (and a full back) that are hopeless with the ball at their feet. He still expects them to play out from the back though.
Potter is at the right club, just like Silva was at Watford, Dyche at Burnley, Moyes possibly was pre Man United, some managers just fit in, im sure he is under little pressure there

Status
Not open for further replies.