Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 5-2 defeat at home to Watford definitely suggests wrong direction to me.

Maybe the years of underachieving have just taken their toll on me and I've lost all perspective, but I can't see how things are going to turn around. We aren't very good, are easy to score against, can't defend set plays properly and the manager is very unpopular.
I think you're right, you have lost perspective:
The defeats to Villa and Watford were both down to 10-15 minute periods where the team lost their heads and basically surrendered, instead of digging in, and doing the ugly stuff to wrestle back some control. I think we did enough to win the QPR game, so it's only West Ham, really, that dominated and controlled us. It's the on-field leadership and character that seems lacking. Patience needed. Better to focus on your support for the Blues than your hatred for the manager.

I think you're right, you have lost perspective:
The defeats to Villa and Watford were both down to 10-15 minute periods where the team lost their heads and basically surrendered, instead of digging in, and doing the ugly stuff to wrestle back some control. I think we did enough to win the QPR game, so it's only West Ham, really, that dominated and controlled us. It's the on-field leadership and character that seems lacking. Patience needed. Better to focus on your support for the Blues than your hatred for the manager.
I don't hate the manager. I just think he was the wrong choice. Let's not exaggerate for effect.

Maybe I have lost perspective, but time will tell who is right.

Maybe it's just as simple as Doucoure being out and Davies being in.

Don't agree to be honest. Set pieces are a recurring issue and missing a midfielder isn't really an excuse for that. Defensively I've not been happy all season with how we set up. We are far too easy to play against. We don't track runners in midfield, we don't pass on runners, and the defensive are static and reactive.

A 5-2 defeat at home to Watford definitely suggests wrong direction to me.

Maybe the years of underachieving have just taken their toll on me and I've lost all perspective, but I can't see how things are going to turn around. We aren't very good, are easy to score against, can't defend set plays properly and the manager is very unpopular.
We have a manager who spent less than 2million, was doing very well with a very poor squad that then dropped off when their best defender, midfielder and both forwards got injured, these things need to be taken into consideration before drinking bleach

It'd probably be wallpapering over the cracks, but a win tonight and another against Tottenham, which some here think is a hard
fixture for some reason, and we'd be back on track with the international break coming up and the possibility of getting back some
injured players.
I apologise for being a bit optimistic. Most unlike a GOT poster. I don't know what came over me.

Spurs will be a hard fixture, because of Everton That, remember?
It's the game where Kane scores a hat-trick, the new manager, or caretaker manager shows that the squad is actually brilliant, and even Eric Dier will play a blinder against us.

'Everton that' is equivalent to Sod's Law...'whatever bad can happen, will happen'...thus your 5-0 scoreline scenario is possible...but not in Everton's favour.

I don't agree. Everton That is
'Everton will do what needs to be done, when it doesn't need to be done. and what needs to happen will happen just when it's not needed'.

45F10C78-6CC8-4946-A983-33432783A619.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.