Homepage Article Horrorshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

It felt more than 'just one of them'. It's probably the worst defensive display i've seen. Certainly in person.

I'd drop all 4 defenders if I could.
It was shambolic and it wasn't a great overall performance, however it's important to remember that it was in fact a twelve minute capitulation.

It was not a ninety minute horror show although I wonder how much that was due to Watford being rubbish themselves.

Also, it's not the first time we've shipped five or more at home under Moshiri's tenure; sadly, the days of fortress Goodison seem in the distant past.

It was shambolic and it wasn't a great overall performance, however it's important to remember that it was in fact a twelve minute capitulation.

It was not a ninety minute horror show although I wonder how much that was due to Watford being rubbish themselves.

Also, it's not the first time we've shipped five or more at home under Moshiri's tenure; sadly, the days of fortress Goodison seem in the distant past.

Thought we were poor the whole game mind, and extremely poor for the last 15 minutes. Against relegation candidates.

Thought we were poor the whole game mind, and extremely poor for the last 15 minutes. Against relegation candidates.
Poor yes, but until the last twelve or so minutes I don't think many (including Watford fans) would have been thinking it would be 3-2 or 4-2, let alone 5-2.

Personally, I was thinking it was going to be a tight and to some extent undeserving 2-1 victory for us or a draw knowing how poor we'd been at set-pieces.

Yet, we instead decided to crumble under a bit of pressure, let the flood gates open and allow our defenders to look like they'd been on the ale.

It felt more than 'just one of them'. It's probably the worst defensive display i've seen. Certainly in person.

I'd drop all 4 defenders if I could.

I rate Holgate as the 4th choice of our centre halves, but he deserves a go after that. If Mina and Holgate are both available then both Godfrey and Keane should be dropped. You will never raise standards within a squad if players retain their places after a thrashing at home.

Full back is a bit more difficult. Digne certainly deserves to be dropped, but I have no idea who we could play instead. Do we even have a left sided full back in the 23s?

Whatever happens in the next 4 games seems irrelevant. The first derby game will be a marker post. If he’s still in the job and we get beat, then there will be bedsheets and spray paint everywhere.
My hope is he never makes it to that match as manager, those who live local know the ridicule we will face, potentially the worst ever.
His last two games show that he’s out of touch, hopefully he’s gone before

I rate Holgate as the 4th choice of our centre halves, but he deserves a go after that. If Mina and Holgate are both available then both Godfrey and Keane should be dropped. You will never raise standards within a squad if players retain their places after a thrashing at home.

Full back is a bit more difficult. Digne certainly deserves to be dropped, but I have no idea who we could play instead. Do we even have a left sided full back in the 23s?

Really despair if they keep the same back 4 next game. Holgate has to come in.

Poor yes, but until the last twelve or so minutes I don't think many (including Watford fans) would have been thinking it would be 3-2 or 4-2, let alone 5-2.

Personally, I was thinking it was going to be a tight and to some extent undeserving 2-1 victory for us or a draw knowing how poor we'd been at set-pieces.

Yet, we instead decided to crumble under a bit of pressure, let the flood gates open and allow our defenders to look like they'd been on the ale.

And yet as badly as we were playing the substitution of Gordon for Iwobi was crucial... For Watford, if Benitez would have brought on another centre mid, Gbamin for instance, I have a definite feeling that result does not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.