Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Gordon would have done any better and / or the result would have been any different is just a guessing game.

Gordon did enough at United to keep the shirt and get a start...or else what's the point, Where's the incentive?

Benitez has to take the blame for that.

If your squad is at best weak and then has an off day *shrugs.

All the hard work Vs United flushed down the capper.

Another 'double you' shaped potential banana skin next week.
Ranieri is no mug he'll have looked and learned.
Let's hope our lot learn too.

Didn't have to lose this one, I don't think West Ham were that great even though they were better, we were shocking.

We didn't create any good chances, mostly because we were wasteful, there are guys who want to take a shot when its not even really on that waste people in good positions. For example coleman boots it into the stands, when he could have squared it for Gray.

We didn't do anything about Rice and Soucek all day. Allan and Doucoure were good as well, but they ended up doing more defensive work than they needed.

We also lost with the same headed goal against Villa as well.

I think we'll end up 10th when its all said and done, we've beaten no one at the moment and we should be beating west ham, villa and leeds if we're legit.

We’ve been poor lately. Not sure how we’re on the same points as 6th-placed Man Utd.

R.A.F.A. inherited an awful squad and wasn’t allowed to spend anything to improve it due to the financial fair play rules. Meanwhile, Man City, who have spent around £3bn on transfer fees, were allowed to splash out £100million on one player!

As an aside I was bitterly disappointed in the crowd today. We’re called supporters and we’re there to support our players, but I heard abusive language and even booing directed at Everton players. It was only a small minority of idiots but that sort of thing is not welcome at our club and only serves to help the opposition. By all means abuse them if they’re just strolling around and not trying, but they’re doing their best. They’re just not good enough.

We miss Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin desperately. Take the two best players of the RS out of their team for six weeks and they’d struggle also.

I think Richy and DCL absence caught up with us in this game. Iwobi and Rondon were supposed to fill their shoes but ultimately failed.

Iwobi was in decent form in the last few games he played in, so, I wasn't surprised Rafael selected him - most new managers, will have the tendency to select more "senior" players and it seems like Iwobi impressed during training (maybe???). I mean, we all know Iwobi isn't a super star or a automatic starter, but I never would've expect that type of performance he put in against West Ham.

On small positive note, I thought our central defense pair were solid up until we conceded that goal. Keane and Godfrey were always gonna be beaten in the air eventually but Godfrey had some good defensive headers (except that corner) and Keane was making good blocks.

Overall, it was a poor with shocking performance from Iwobi. Extremely disappointing. Hope for better performance the next game. I don't even want to think whether should we aim for Top 6 this season, just want to take one game at a time.

...anyway, I've moved on...expected 8-12th finishing this season...and I reckon our brave lionhearts will fulfill that.

I expect the same next season...

....and the one after that...

....and the one after that...

NSNO

My biggest frustration is we failed to capitalise in terms of out position in the table, yet again.

There’s the season we threw fourth place away under Martinez. Failing to get a European spot last season despite having several opportunities to get it done. Winning today would have put us in fourth. No doubt there are several others I can’t remember right now.

It’s an absolute joke how bad we are at taking our chances to achieve something or capitalise on a situation.

said this after the last game … 1-1 away at old Trafford … 10 mins to go… not a 1 on 1 , but a 2 on 1 with th gk and only Everton can swuader that opportunity and the keeper didn’t even have to make a save… two huge mistakes … iwobi and Pickford cost us another opportunity to progress up the league.

To be fair we've been shyte to absolutely shyte for a very long time. After screaming for investment for the past 20 odd years we got our wish, then managed to spunk it up the wall, circa half a billion. The inner workings of the club absolutely Stink. God knows what the answer is ???

To be fair we've been shyte to absolutely shyte for a very long time. After screaming for investment for the past 20 odd years we got our wish, then managed to spunk it up the wall, circa half a billion. The inner workings of the club absolutely Stink. God knows what the answer is ???
Half a billion spent on failed managers, managerial staff and players, mostly still here. At the moment we look and play like a mid table championship side. Apart from the new stadium the club are going backwards.

Having slept on matters I'm soundly convinced with Mina playing we wouldn't have lost.
Not saying we'd win but damage done now. Mystified that Benitez never made changes before their goal though anything being better that Rondon in particular.
Pickford would have had a restless night his fault for fannying around leading to that corner.

Half a billion spent on failed managers, managerial staff and players, mostly still here. At the moment we look and play like a mid table championship side. Apart from the new stadium the club are going backwards.
Everyone should accept we'll tread water until the promised land of BMD is realised.
Just get used to it.

The fume was real yesterday - I really felt like it was the worst we've played under Rafael to date. How did Gordon not start and how did we finish the game with Rondon on the pitch?

Also had a mare getting in with my season ticket after I updated my phone to IOS15 (season ticket disappeared) - seemed to be quite a few of us, so just a heads up in case you're thinking of updating!

Status
Not open for further replies.