Where do team stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazza

Player Valuation: £750k
Hi All,

I have a friend coming over from South Africa with his son who is 10. He really wants to stay the night where the players stay prior to games. Anyone know which hotel? I have thought it may be the Titanic? Thanks all, will make his son's day/nights seeing the team at the hotel.

Paz

Away teams generally stay at the Titanic.

New signings/managers stay there.

Club used to use it A LOT for meetings etc (Everton have their own WiFi network there) but now HQ is just down the road I'm not so sure.

Not sure they stay there before home games? I'm sure they wouldn't bother.

Didn't Martinez start building accommodation at Finch Farm? Was that cancelled?

Away teams generally stay at the Titanic.

New signings/managers stay there.

Club used to use it A LOT for meetings etc (Everton have their own WiFi network there) but now HQ is just down the road I'm not so sure.

Not sure they stay there before home games? I'm sure they wouldn't bother.

Yep, Koeman binned that off

thanks all for your thoughts. I do see the players arrive on a coach just had assumed it was from a hotel. Would make my friends kids first trip over to goodison even better.

Hi All,

I have a friend coming over from South Africa with his son who is 10. He really wants to stay the night where the players stay prior to games. Anyone know which hotel? I have thought it may be the Titanic? Thanks all, will make his son's day/nights seeing the team at the hotel.

Paz

I emailed the club ahead of my first trip to Goodison before moving to the UK from South Africa.
They were very helpful and even set me up with hospitality.
Tell them their story, and they might make his son's trip even more exciting.

Kids were looked upon differently when I was a kid in the 1940's. Seen but not heard. I was once at Goodison, stood right by the wall at the front of the terrace. Peter Corr the Everton winger got a knock and the trainer took him off the pitch right in front of us. After he had gone back on, I noticed that the piece of bandage that he used as a tie-up on one of his socks, was lying on the pitch side. A policeman was walking past and I asked him could he hand me the piece of bandage. His answer was 'no, that's theft'.

Hi All,

Paz

I've seen them on a good few occasions coming out of the Raddison Blu on Old Hall street. That was pre-Covid though, so not sure if things have changed.

Kids were looked upon differently when I was a kid in the 1940's. Seen but not heard. I was once at Goodison, stood right by the wall at the front of the terrace. Peter Corr the Everton winger got a knock and the trainer took him off the pitch right in front of us. After he had gone back on, I noticed that the piece of bandage that he used as a tie-up on one of his socks, was lying on the pitch side. A policeman was walking past and I asked him could he hand me the piece of bandage. His answer was 'no, that's theft'.

Probably 'The Walrus', oldies will remember him.

A lot of the players didn't like the concept. The idea was that they'd come back from an away match, sleep at Finch Farm and train the next day.

In theory, it would save a lot of time travelling - more so for those in Cheshire - but the players wanted to see their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.