2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some say he is not worth £80m+. But how much does a 20 goal a season striker cost?
We would have to spend all that to replace him, and then what player worth that is going to choose us? we would have to get lucky in getting a cheaper option.
He is an England international too!

I think he would be tempted by Arsenal but I don't think they will ever bid anywhere close to enough for us to consider selling.

Unless he kicks up a fuss, which I think is unlikely, then he won’t be sold just yet. In reality we would not be able to attract a striker as good as him at the moment. He has plenty of time left on his contract, so, no need to think about selling him if he is happy to stay.

In a year or two, Dominic may well have developed into a player who is able to command a place at a champions league club, equally, in a year or two Everton may be in the champions league if Benitez is as good as some people are saying.

I think he would be tempted by Arsenal but I don't think they will ever bid anywhere close to enough for us to consider selling.

Nar can't see it myself,.if he's serious about wanting to compete in the champions leagues and win trophies and doesn't think he would get that here, I definitely don't think arsenal will be able to offer that any time soon either

Unless he kicks up a fuss, which I think is unlikely, then he won’t be sold just yet. In reality we would not be able to attract a striker as good as him at the moment. He has plenty of time left on his contract, so, no need to think about selling him if he is happy to stay.

In a year or two, Dominic may well have developed into a player who is able to command a place at a champions league club, equally, in a year or two Everton may be in the champions league if Benitez is as good as some people are saying.

…never sure what posters mean when they say a ‘Champions League Club’, given the likes of Rangers & Celtic qualify every season.

Regardless, watching the Champions League final last season, it struck me how both Chelsea and City would improve with DCL in those teams. Chelsea have bought Lukaku since, but City at times look like they need a focal point in central attack.

I can see DCL being in of interest from top clubs here and abroad now. I doubt Arsenal or Spurs would particularly interest him, but City would certainly have got a more effective acquisition had they purchased DCL over Grealish and the same can be said with United and Sancho.

…never sure what posters mean when they say a ‘Champions League Club’, given the likes of Rangers & Celtic qualify every season.

Regardless, watching the Champions League final last season, it struck me how both Chelsea and City would improve with DCL in those teams. Chelsea have bought Lukaku since, but City at times look like they need a focal point in central attack.

I can see DCL being in of interest from top clubs here and abroad now. I doubt Arsenal or Spurs would particularly interest him, but City would certainly have got a more effective acquisition had they purchased DCL over Grealish and the same can be said with United and Sancho.
Spot on, instead of trying to walk the ball into the net all the time they could vary it with centres to a good strong target man in the air, Dominic would be prefect for them in the air and also holding the ball up, hope it doesn’t happen though!!

Spot on, instead of trying to walk the ball into the net all the time they could vary it with centres to a good strong target man in the air, Dominic would be prefect for them in the air and also holding the ball up, hope it doesn’t happen though!!

….yep, I’m not saying he’d start every week but he’d be great option for City to have. I’m sure he’s on the radar of a number of clubs but he won’t come cheap and will only move for silly money.

Can’t recall the couple of posters who were adamant that no decent club would ever be interested in DCL.

….yep, I’m not saying he’d start every week but he’d be great option for City to have. I’m sure he’s on the radar of a number of clubs but he won’t come cheap and will only move for silly money.
I think he’d be great at City but whether he’s the sort of player Pep wants is another matter. Can’t see them spending massive money on someone to warm the bench but you never know. Utd is where I think he’d probably lead the line regularly but having bought Ronaldo I can’t see it happening.

Should have been clearer Eggs, I meant a club who are in contention to win the champions league. Much as I rate DCL I don't think that they would be prepared to pay the kind of fee we would need to get for it to be worth our while selling him.

I hope we don't sell him because we do not have a great recent record for spending the big money fees we have received for the likes of Lukaku et al.

Should have been clearer Eggs, I meant a club who are in contention to win the champions league. Much as I rate DCL I don't think that they would be prepared to pay the kind of fee we would need to get for it to be worth our while selling him.

I hope we don't sell him because we do not have a great recent record for spending the big money fees we have received for the likes of Lukaku et al.

…it’s a really good point about having to buy in an equally effective replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.